Vertical distortion lines on 93sv

I have 2 93sv and have switched monitors back and forths. It doesn't matter which monitor is at the trolling motor I get vertical lines on traditional sonar and really smudged looking side imaging. Down vu seems ok. Any ideas on what this could be. I've had the units a few months and worked fine up until the last two times I've been out.

2. Member
    Guessing that you mean when the TM is activated...Could be TM interference. Often will not affect DV and SV because the freq's are different ranges. Do you have variable speed TM? Seems to be worse on them, but not exclusively so. I can remove my TM ducer and hold it over side and have no prob. Many have been able to fix via cable location and storage, or by installing a ground. I have a few more things to try soon on mine. If it is TM interference, it can actually be affected by depth. Shallow water (<8') and I have no problem.

OOps sorry! Did not see that you had prob with SV also.

3. Member
    That may be it because I have no interference in shallow water. Only thing is it just started. I had used it for months with no issues.

4. Banned
    How old is Trolling Motor? Could be a sign of brushes wearing out.

5. Member
    "That may be it because I have no interference in shallow water. Only thing is it just started. I had used it for months with no issues."

I didn't either for several months, then I realized that where I had been fishing was a very shallow lake and I was almost always in less than 10 fow. When I moved to a deeper lake the noise showed up when I was more tha 10 feet deep. Not present shallower. i moved tha ducer and no noise. Probably a grounding would fix, IDK. I have a couple of other things to try. I changed the way my cable is mounted to separate it from the shaft--I do not think that is the fix. I will know more in a few weeks.
    There is a thread going about this that you should read into. Some guys here really know what they are talking about.

My TM is new, but the point is valid.

6. Member
    Trolling motor is brand new I installed it the same time I installed the the graphs. It's a minnkota fortrex. I found the thread earlier thanks for the info.