Thread: Tracker Pricing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tracker Pricing

Hello all. Been reading on here for a couple of weeks now and am getting a lot of good info. We are looking seriously at a 175 TXW. I know Tracker has no haggle pricing but what about getting them to throw in some thing to sweeten the deal? I asked about a spare tire and was told it would be $180 bucks, maybe life jackets, dock lines? Anyone ever had any luck haggling with them? It won't be a deal breaker we love the boat and the price but.... lol

2. Member
    Independent dealers may throw in some extras but they cannot change the price. If you are buying from BPS forget about getting any extras.

3. Member
    I have seen them offer $500-1000 in BPS credit during their spring sale but lately seems like just 20% off on purchases for a year. Ranger used to do the same thing but don't know if that will change under BPS.

4. Member
    Yeah right now they have a $500 BPS gift card and $100 in tracker gear. May get 1.5 shirts for the $100. ��

5. Banned
    I prefer to do business with a dealership that's willing to earn my business with a more competitive price. With boat shows going on, it's not too hard to figure out who those dealers are.

One thing you can say nice about Tracker dealers is that they're in many retail markets. There are many places in this country that boat dealers are few and far between. And that's where prices will remain relatively expensive--without competition.

You might get lucky and find some 2016's left and they will be marked down some
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

if you want to haggle on price, try another brand. you can deal at Ranger, Triton, Crestliner, etc. and get a better built boat. Tracker sells lots and lots of boats, and can do whatever they want.

8. Member
    JFYI......Bass Pro Shop grossed 4.45 Billions dollars in 2015. Now tell me if you made that much money would you give somebody a discount. This company is going nowhere but up and they don't care if you spend your money somewhere else or not because there is always someone else that will. Sorry folks that's just the way it is. I spend my money somewhere else if at all possible but that's not always the way it goes.

9. Member
    I honestly don't know how people continue to misunderstand "No Haggle Pricing" and how it works. Some people like the idea of knowing exactly what the price is and that the price you pay is the price the next person pays. Would you rather they increase the list price by 1--20% and then haggle down to the current price and then wonder if you got the same or better deal than someone else?
    I hate the way cars and boats are sold. I wish everything was at a no haggle price. It would take a lot of stress out of the deals.

10. Member
    take a look to see if there are any alumacraft dealers around you. I got a pro 175 with 90 hp with many upgraded options for less than a tracker with 75hp and fewer options. By the way if you don't like the front livewell on the alumacraft, they will take it out and duplicate the starboard compartment. I can't wait to get mine in, should be here in about 2 weeks. PM me if you want details about my purchase.

I never understood the negativity towards tracker. I have a 175txw and it is built just fine, looks sharp, and does what it needs to do....float. you will not find a smoother ride that the tracker boat. That being said, forget about buying from a BPS. Attempt to buy at local dealer.

2016 Tracker 175txw w/60 HP Merc
    "New Generation" Vinyl Flooring
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Garmin Striker 4dv
    Minn Kota Maxuum 70lb Variable
    Minn Kota 3-Bank Charger

Marine Corps 2007-2013

12. Member
    I like the no haggle pricing but I love watching my wife beat up sales people! We bought her a new car a couple of months ago. After 7 hours at the dealership she got what she wanted. The sales manager, who by the way has sold us our last 3 vehicles, came out and shook my hand. When she held out her hand he said "no I need a hug" LOL she's a tough one!

13. Member
    The one price structure has been used since day one. It cuts out all the BS and games the other brands play. The only variable is whether or not the dealer adds a doc fee or similar fee. We are an independent and we charge no extra fees. The BPS Trackers do. An independent may not throw things in, but they are usually better on labor for rigging accessories and can credit items like trolling motors, for example, much higher than BPS locations. Now is a good time to buy with the gift card and merchandise promo and Mercury's +2 warranty promo. You will still get the 2 year BPS discount card wherever you buy.

14. U.S. Navy, Retired
    I've had my 175 TXW for about 9 years now. Bought at a local dealer and had all my winterization done there, then they closed down one day two years ago (Found out when I pulled in to their parking lot for yearly appointment...) Started going to BPS in Harrisburg, PA and have had nothing but excellent service!

I got an independent store to eat a 8' blade and install 2 10' blades at cost and got like 6 hats, but that was on a nitro. they told me they don't get what the website says for "dealer installed" accessories. if its all stock your probably sol but if it has dealer installed equipment they can do better if its not bps, got optimax oil at cost and a few cupons in addition to a 1000$ card

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDaddy View Post
    I never understood the negativity towards tracker. I have a 175txw and it is built just fine, looks sharp, and does what it needs to do....float. you will not find a smoother ride that the tracker boat. That being said, forget about buying from a BPS. Attempt to buy at local dealer.
    I never have either. Alot of it blows my mind its like they are a bucket on a trailer the way some talk. Mine has been perfect for 9 years now as far as the boat itself which is more that can be said by some. I will agree that some BPS stores are better than others but that goes for dealers too. I got mine from an independent and that would be my choice to do it again. That being said the BPS in arocklin near me has taken very good care of me when i needed something from them. The dealer I got my boat from however which also sold Ranger glass at that time went under shortly after our purchase and I can see why after the purchase they didnt take very good care of you. There are good and bad of everything. The BPS cards you get arent a bad deal we used ours and got some deals on some stuff I was satisfied with the purchase and have no regrests.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Papajohn1964 View Post
    Yeah right now they have a $500 BPS gift card and $100 in tracker gear. May get 1.5 shirts for the $100. ��
    So you buy $65 shirts? The t shirts i got recently from Tracker gears site were $22. When i checked the Ranger gear site last seemed pretty comparable to me. Plus even if it is 2 shirts its 2 shirts I didnt have to pay for
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    if you want to haggle on price, try another brand. you can deal at Ranger, Triton, Crestliner, etc. and get a better built boat. Tracker sells lots and lots of boats, and can do whatever they want.
    Better Built boat how cuz they use a piece of tin on the front half of the deck and the cockpit floor? I passed on a Crestliner in 2008 when I was buying a boat because the Trailer had plastic fenders and I wasnt a fan of the globby welds on the bow and rear corner braces. Not saying thats how they are not havnt looked at a crestliner in awhile but at the time the "better built" part wasnt there IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

all tins, including Tracker are a far cry from 2008. sorry, but I stand by my statement. not knocking Tracker. lots of happy owners. would you compare a Nitro with a Ranger or Basscat? there are differences in boats. saying one is built better doesn't mean the other is junk. I didn't mean to come off like that. most of us will defend their brand.

20. Member
    I can't speak to Trackers Bass Boats, but I would be amazed if they are able to sell an 1860 Grizzly CC to anyone with half a brain in their head. That boat is one of the most horribly planned out and executed builds I've ever seen, complete with the plastic plugs on the decks covering up the holes they used to inject the flotation foam. As for their pricing, I got my xpress with a riptide 70lb TM, cheap FF I never planned on using anyway because I already had one, aluminum trailer, SS prop, bigger motor, and for $1,000 less than BPS no haggle price on an under powered non-accessorized boat. It was the third of three drought years and I did have a very motivated seller. I even mentioned I didn't like the way the CC grab rail didn't have any fender washers behind the mounting points and when I picked it up the dealer had installed 1/8"x4"x4" backing plates.

Crestliner was a close second to tracker in metal CC boat wtf's. Gotta love the engine control cables running across the floor covered up with a raised aluminum channel.

My Xpress has never been perfect, but at least it looks like someone designed it who has actually built a boat before.
    Last edited by PsychoXP18CC; 01-29-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast