Thread: Tracker Pricing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I looked at the 175 TXW originally, then decided to go up to the 190 to have more room and weight capacity for family when tubing, skiing, etc. and a better ride. I don't think you will find a better looking boat for the same money anywhere than a Tracker. I finally settled on ordering a Crestliner VT 18 because the casting deck is a little bigger and the beam is a little wider for stability. I found a dealer in Georgia that worked with me on the price when 3 other Crestliner dealers would not. Xpress is a great looking boat but a lot more money. Tracker and Crestliner are very similary priced, I think the Tracker is better looking but I like the all aluminum build of the Crestliner. I also looked at Lowe and Triton before I made my decision. Don't let the price persuade you to one brand or another if there's not much difference. Buy what you want and in 5 years you probably won't even remember what you paid for it after having all that fun!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerDaddy View Post
    I never understood the negativity towards tracker. I have a 175txw and it is built just fine, looks sharp, and does what it needs to do....float. you will not find a smoother ride that the tracker boat. That being said, forget about buying from a BPS. Attempt to buy at local dealer.
    I hear ya. I had a pt175 traded in for a Triton Tr19 and I just wanted my tracker back time and time again.. That Triton was an excellent boat though. I just don't care for glass boats..

3. Member
    I was lookng at a 175 txw but couldn't get the sales staff at my local bass pro to do their job. Got tired of waiting and bought my ranger. Sales team here is a joke.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

4. Member
    We should pick it up this Saturday. They sold the only one they had in stock but are getting one from BPS in San Antonio tomorrow. Spent all day yesterday getting the garage ready.

Aweome congrats. Post pics when you get it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I think the Trackers are just fine but when I sat in that chair next to my brother and he told BPS I have a deal on a G3 with a 90 HP Yamaha for less than the 175 with the 75 HP. I like the layout on the Tracker better so if you can sell it to me at the price of the G3 I'll take it today. This is where they lost me....and I quote..."BPS is the largest marine dealer in the US. You know what that means? That means we don't have to haggle our prices. I suggest you buy the G3." He did. Just the smugness of that ass clown told me I would never own a Tracker.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

7. Member
    That is a pretty douche bag thing to say to someone. Unfortunately in his situation he is kind of right. That dealer is likely still there. If a small dealer treated customers like that they would be unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That is a pretty douche bag thing to say to someone. Unfortunately in his situation he is kind of right. That dealer is likely still there. If a small dealer treated customers like that they would be unemployed.
    Which is why I always buy big ticket items from a small local retailer instead of a large retailer or chain.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12