Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Anyone use it on thier bait while punching?

2. Member
    I use it on all my baits, chartreuse or clear, if i dont want the bright color

3. Member
    Been a big believer in JJ's for a long time...can't remember all the times JJ's treated baits outfished untreated by a sizeable margin. I've used all the colors at one time or another. I've even used two colors, Chartreuse and Merthiolate one on top of the other, to create a true orange. I use JJ's only at home...never risk having it spill in the boat. If I need to add scent in the boat, I use either Pro-Cure or Gene Larew Biffle Bug Juice and for color in the boat I use the Spike-it pens.

DON'T use it on silicone skirts.. Unless you want to shorten them. It will eat those, literally, right before your eyes.

5. Member
    Z Man Turbo Crawz

Attached Images Attached Images

JJs will fade from carpet etc.

7. Member
    I use the aerosol spray Spike It. No more mess

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation_04 View Post
    I use the aerosol spray Spike It. No more mess
    I have spike it and it wont even dye the Z Man Turbo Crawz

9. Member
    I've always used spike it just for the simple fact I can pick it up at just about any outdoor store and I'm never out. I like it other than when it spills of course. I'm not so convienced it helps catch more fish but it doesn't hurt. I just recently ordered some jj's so I will try it and see how the results are. Still waiting on the order to come in!

10. Banned
    Since this stuff is not acetone based will it melt your carpet if spilled? Will it fade out of gelcoat, carpet or vinyl seats in the sun like spike it does?, I bought some of this stuff now I scared to use it on the boat.

Really old thread before other folks start replying to old posts....nothing wrong with that boss, just want people to know that before they reply expecting answers from those folks!

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Since this stuff is not acetone based will it melt your carpet if spilled? Will it fade out of gelcoat, carpet or vinyl seats in the sun like spike it does?, I bought some of this stuff now I scared to use it on the boat.
    I've had drips land on my carpet and on my gelcoat when in a hurry. It fades out of both rather quickly. Never got it on my seats, but I know that it fades out of those as well. Don't try to clean it as whatever you use to try and clean it will leave a more lasting mark than the JJ's will. The worst part about the stuff is getting it on your hands and smelling like the inside of an Olive Garden bread basket for several days!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    Just heard on BTL from Stephen Browning that if you put JJ’s and the Z-Man plastics in the freezer for 30 minutes and then dip them while they’re cold, the plastic won’t fall apart. I think he said that the color is just tinted though. Not really bright.

Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Just heard on BTL from Stephen Browning that if you put JJ’s and the Z-Man plastics in the freezer for 30 minutes and then dip them while they’re cold, the plastic won’t fall apart. I think he said that the color is just tinted though. Not really bright.
    Wow, that's interesting! I'll have to try that.

I heard that interview too. I'm going to give it a try!

15. Banned
    How weird, I never tried it on the cyber flexxx style plastics but I have a lot of TRD worms and spike it seemed to work fine. What the heck is JJ's magic made out of, just noticed a CA cancer warning on the label (the do the same for lead in that state ) and it seems to evaporate fast!

I think the reason you can dip the TRDs is because the "tail" is so much thicker compared to other baits you want to dip. The JJ's melts it just the same, it's just not noticeable because there's a comparatively huge chunk of plastic where you're dyeing it.

Also heard that on BTL so will definitely be trying it. I've got a bunch of Razor ShadZ just begging for a little chartreuse on the tail.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

17. Member
    I didnt freeze mine and it took ok

18. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier fisherman View Post
    Do not open the bottles when they are hot. You will have dye everywhere.
    This is what I was gonna say. You will get a JJ bath if you open it to fast when it's warm.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

19. Banned
    Will the blue dye a black plastic

20. Member
    I had a bottle of JJs once. I had read to keep it in a ziplock bag in case of a accidental leak. Well one hot day in Texas I opened my tackle bag and sure enough that baggie was chartreuse filled. I cant say how glad I was I stored that jar in a ziplock. That would have got on a lot of tackle and possibly my truck seats and carpet.
    This was about 4 years ago so I don't know if that had the better/newer lid or not. The JJs I had was in a glass bottle with a black lid.
    I have since switched to SpikeIt and I agree the JJs is more permanent but SpikeIt does perfectly fine for fishing. The plastic bottle I have had for about 2 seasons now still has not leaked ever. I still keep it in a ziplock baggie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast