Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    I have removed the talons so I don't have much of a load at all. The wife and I took it out and when I had the talons it still jumped out of the hole with the 26 tempest. I have a 27 razor 3 I can try but I'm sure it'll be too stiff. I may have a 26 fury B&B'd but I heard they don't carry a load well. I'd rather run a big diameter 3 blade high. 26 txp should be an outstanding prop.
    Meet me somewhere if you want and i can set it up for you. I sold my 294 to a friend of mine but i can steal the prop off of it. Also what lower unit are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    Meet me somewhere if you want and i can set it up for you. I sold my 294 to a friend of mine but i can steal the prop off of it. Also what lower unit are you running?
    I appreciate the offer. The set-up and driving isn't the problem. I'm gonna need to spend 50+ on a prop. There are several that run really close to each other. I'm just trying to find the best route.

Buy the fury and take what you need to fish for the day. Leave the tackle shop at home. Promise it will outrun the txp and any ranger with a 250.

Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    Buy the fury and take what you need to fish for the day. Leave the tackle shop at home. Promise it will outrun the txp and any ranger with a 250.
    Man I dont know about that. Most 26 furys are running 73-74......Several folks turning 27 txps 76-77+.....I am worried about a partner in the boat and the fury falling on its face or I would already have one.

Man I dont know about that. Most 26 furys are running 73-74......Several folks turning 27 txps 76-77+.....I am worried about a partner in the boat and the fury falling on its face or I would already have one.
    Man...76-77 is not likely in most conditions. Prop slip would have to be extremely low and not sure the 200 could push it in that case. Be careful when people are giving their numbers. There are very few that run 76+ in normal conditions. Yes, i have had mine there with low fuel, very little tackle, alone, wind at my back...perfect conditions. Just not very practical and i don't claim that because i likely could not duplicate it upon request. lol just my 2 cents man. Good luck, it is fun stuff!

I run the 26 fury and love it. I have also had the 26 Tempest and it performs very well. Keep in mind, the 26 Tempest will need work. They seem to be off out of the box.

Also, each prop manufacturer measures there pitch a bit different. Some 27's may perform closer to other 26's.

Yes sir, every 26 tempest Ive ran needed some work right out of the box. The one I have right now is running around 13-14% slip and it looks brand new.

Keep us posted on your numbers. Thanks!

Will do. I have a B&B 27 txp coming so we'll see how it does.

Little update....I got a mark croxton balanced and blueprinted 27 txp. Around 300lb of man, my fishing gear, 3/4 tank, minn kota 112 with 4 batteries I was running 72.7 at around 55-5600rpms, but the chine walk was just ridiculous. I'm certain I could come up with the jack plate a little which I plan to do. I wish I could have gotten a fury as cheap as I did the txp because there's no way its as hard to drive as the TXP. I do feel the bigger diameter TXP will carry a load better than the fury. Hope to try a fury soon though. Any input on 2" spacers relieving some of the walk or is it a lost cause?

11. Member
    Little update....I got a mark croxton balanced and blueprinted 27 txp. Around 300lb of man, my fishing gear, 3/4 tank, minn kota 112 with 4 batteries I was running 72.7 at around 55-5600rpms, but the chine walk was just ridiculous. I'm certain I could come up with the jack plate a little which I plan to do. I wish I could have gotten a fury as cheap as I did the txp because there's no way its as hard to drive as the TXP. I do feel the bigger diameter TXP will carry a load better than the fury. Hope to try a fury soon though. Any input on 2" spacers relieving some of the walk or is it a lost cause?
    Where are you at p2p? I don't have a 294, but my TXP is the easiest prop I have to drive. It just drives a little flatter

No idea. I've messed with it so much. I need to drop it to where the tempest ran and gradually come up from there.

No idea. I've messed with it so much. I need to drop it to where the tempest ran and gradually come up from there.
    Just start at 3 1/2 and come up from there.

14. Member
    If you guys want your 294's to fly out a SHO on it and flash the ecu and put a 27 txpitch on it and hang on. I know of one that's been done near me and has seen 84 mph. Lol kinda funny when ya see a stratos with a 200 keep up with a bullet lol
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

If you'll look back at my previous posts I looked for one with a sho for over 3 months for that very reason. I found an excellent deal and went with the merc.

And 84mph in a 19fter is jacked back.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    If you guys want your 294's to fly out a SHO on it and flash the ecu and put a 27 txpitch on it and hang on. I know of one that's been done near me and has seen 84 mph. Lol kinda funny when ya see a stratos with a 200 keep up with a bullet lol
    But the Stratos would no longer have a 200...

18. Member
    And 84mph in a 19fter is jacked back.
    not really. I drove a 294 yesterday and it feels heavy compared to my 20xd bullet. I drive my bullet to 100+mph with zero issues

Ran 81.6mph 2 guys light load with a heavy worked 28 BC performer 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    put the new supercharger on it and hang on. lol bet you could make the 294 break 100mph lol
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    not really. I drove a 294 yesterday and it feels heavy compared to my 20xd bullet. I drive my bullet to 100+mph with zero issues

Ran 81.6mph 2 guys light load with a heavy worked 28 BC performer 4.
    What Rpm and what motor?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast