Going to Louisiana for red fishing - Where to go, guides to use

I've been hearing about the fantastic red fishing in the lower delta of Louisiana. My best fishing buddy and I will be going up there the middle of August to check it out. I need suggestions of places to go and the best guides to use. We'll want guided trips for 3 to 4 days for reds and trout inshore only. My research so far indicates that the Venice area in the lower delta is a hot spot but, the guides there are also the most expensive. Please throw me some suggestions

Rory with United charters out of Shell Beach is a great choice. Middle of August is hit and miss on trout. Reds are easy to catch esp if the River is low.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Rory with United charters out of Shell Beach is a great choice. Middle of August is hit and miss on trout. Reds are easy to catch esp if the River is low.
    Know anything about Big Dog Charters out of Lafitte? They also say trout are hit and miss while Reds are abundant. Reds are what we want anyway.

4. Member
    This is a good option to consider. Excellent accommodations, walk out the back door to your boat and always on the fish.
    They also do float plane trips to the Chandeleur Islands.
    http://www.neworleansfishing.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/bourgeois.charters/

5. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkammer View Post
    Know anything about Big Dog Charters out of Lafitte? They also say trout are hit and miss while Reds are abundant. Reds are what we want anyway.
    Chad Billiot (the marshrat)985 637-5058
    He is in Lafayette area. Been out with him several times great guy always caught fish.

6. Member
    Pic of my brother from a float plane trip
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Ray,went out with Capt. John a few years ago while at Mardi Gras. Caught nice bunch of reds! GREAT trip and he went out of his way to pick me up and drop me off at my hotel in French Quarter. He is in Lafitte and even has cabin if needed.
    I would definately use him again!

ECCENTRIC CHARTERS
    Captain John Pounders
    504-382-2268
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI