I think I made up my mind this weekend

Since I've been sick......sitting on the couch most of the weekend.....I think I decided (with no help from the BBC hunting Forum now ) to get my Spring Turkey Permit.

Since the last time I have gone I seem to have outgrown my Camo, misplaced my 20g Turkey loads (I think I gave them to someone to use though ). Misplaced my box call & can't find my reeds.

Soo.....I just found something to spend my good money on again I need Camo, call Box & some reeds. crap....here we go again trying to pattern my shotgun all over again

Good think I still have a Gift card to use this time.

2. Member
    I bought a Carlson Long beard XR choke and 2 boxes of shells yesterday...100 bucks...The gift card will help.......It's as bad as tackle..

3. Member
    I might still have a Blackout Choke in my case....will have to see. The camo will be the problem. Might as well just go to the craft store & buy material & wrap myself in it.

For the amount of turkeys I was able to call in last time I went I could have been wearing a yellow jumpsuit trimmed in pie pans and blasting Metallica's One in the background. I really need to get my chit together.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

5. Member
    SOO.....you're either really good, or really bad.....I can't call it on that one though

If you're like me......you can call them in for a buddy sitting in front of you ready to shoot, but can't do crap on your own very well.

I know I need to get better on my Reed work though. I'll work on that the upcoming month or so.....it will irritate the heck out of my wife.....I'll at least have fun doing that.

SOO.....you're either really good, or really bad.....I can't call it on that one though

To clarify... I'm really, really bad with the reeds. Sounds like the screeching tires of a 10 car pileup without the impact.I learned when I dipped Copenhagen and since I quit I just can't get it. Old dog new trick I guess.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

7. Member
    Your not alone....I'm not the best either.....not 10 car screeching pile up.....more like Donkey Humpin a Mule & you don't know which one is makin the Noise......but yeah I kinda such at it too.

You know it would be a lot cheaper to just go to the grocery store and buy a turkey that is already cleaned and ready to cook right??? I guess it's a lot cheaper to go there and buy some fish sticks too, but what's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Your not alone....I'm not the best either.....not 10 car screeching pile up.....more like Donkey Humpin a Mule & you don't know which one is makin the Noise......but yeah I kinda such at it too.
    atta boy R.D. go get-ir-dun

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Sucker.
    Who controls John Gill?