2006 Etec 90 Tilt n Trim issue

Tried to go fishing yesterday however my tilt n trim would not raise the motor up. So I manually raised the motor and pulled out onto the driveway. I can hear the motor working just not moving the motor. So I unscrewed the screw where the fluid goes thinking I was low or empty. Nope fluid poured out and seemed it was full. So I put new fluid in tightened the screw back. Same result not raising motor up. It would move just a smidge at a time. Finally got it anout 6 inches and it stopped moving. Can still hear the motor. Just unsure of the problem and was hoping I could fix this myself with having to take it to the shop.

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Mine did it this summer. Seals where bad you will need to replace the trim motor. If bought through dealer found rebuild on line for 500 one year warranty.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Which screw? There is a manual release screw on the left side of the mount bracket and a cap on the trim fluid reservoir.

4. Member
    I loosened the screw on the side to manual raise the motor. I then tightened it back. Then I removed the screw where you add fluid.

5. Member
    If trim motor is bad whats the part number? I found this on ebay would it not work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tilt-Trim-Mo...9Ww951&vxp=mtr

6. Member
    Also notice I some fluid coming out the top around the rod that goes inside trim cylinder

7. Member
    I had to rebuild mine on my 115. Your top seal is bad. The seal kit number is 5008985. Trim & Tilt Seal Tool Kit is 5008918 Spanner Tool is 352932. Also get Bulletin # 2014-01(P) Be careful not to ruin your end cap if you have hydraulic assembly 5005756 as they are no longer made. Not a bad job with the right tools, being a Tool & Die Maker I made my own.
    Last edited by unknown angler; 01-24-2017 at 05:03 PM.

8. Member
    Thank you unknown angler