Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Nothing was ever done. I still have the boat and still like it. Just have to get used to the quirks that it has and this is one of them. I put towels in the front compartments on day trips so they soak up water if it is going to rain. That sucks but that is how it is. Can't defeat gravity with this design up front. I haven't looked that the 2019 and newer ones to see if they may have this issue resolved but from the pics I've seen they look the same up there to me.

2. Member
    I just got my 2020 1875, and the way the bow area looks, I'd say
    the wet problem still exists. Its never going to be a problem for me, I dont
    fish in the rain. If this boat is ever wet on the topside, it will be by accident.

One thing that will help you if you order one of these models, select the vinyl
    floor option. Vinyl will be in all compartments, which is a non issue if it gets
    wet. If you choose a carpeted main floor, carpet will be in all compartments,
    Drying them out is a problem in itself. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

3. Member
    Amazing for the price of these rigs that they are not dry. Love the layout of the XS, fits my family.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Amazing for the price of these rigs that they are not dry. Love the layout of the XS, fits my family.
    I priced one out, fully loaded, 2 12" graphs, ultrex, 250 4 stroke. It was 62k

5. Member
    I just watched a video of the 2018 1875 pro v bass & I can see the gap in the left & rt side cover plates & were it could easily get water intrusion. It looks like a great boat & hopefully they will address this problem soon in the future.

6. Member
    I was really interested in one of these boats, but it seems like from what I'm reading and seeing on multiple forums they really don't care about their customers. I can't imagine they wouldn't address these concerns that this owner has or is having with his boat leaking in the storage compartments. From a design standpoint this couldn't be that big of an issue to resolve from the design team. For this owner to have to put towels in his compartments to keep them somewhat dry is SAD to read and especially with a boat with a price tag of upwards of 60K.

Is it that difficult to design an aluminum boat with dry storage?

7. Member
    I dont know how difficult it is, but when the company makes no attempt at all
    to dry in the rear compartments of the XS model, that says alot about their
    customer concern.
    As previously stated I have no intentions of mine ever being in the rain, but
    should that happen, what I will carry in those compartments will be in something
    water proof. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

8. Member
    I imagine it's more difficult to make compartments dry in tin boats, which may be why Vexus went with the glass tubs in all their compartments? Not engineering a solution to the bow panel seems weak though, especially after all the effort to make rain channels and raised lips on the bow compartments.

I know it would be costly to forma lip on each compartment and the seal the seams. But you would think there is some Gasket Manufacturer that could make a Lip type seal to funnel the water to a drain hole.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

10. Member
    For yrs Bullet has used the raised lip with a bulb seal. The lid is foam lined.
    When the two mate you have a very good seal.
    Lund could do this but they dont on the XS model rear compartments.
    LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123