Should I Move my 2 troller batteries to the Back? Pros and Cons?

I have always had the 2 batteries in the front but considering moving to the back?

How does it change rough water handling?

Hole shot affected that much??

Top end?

21 bassport

3. Member
    I would not move them. The BasSport needs the battery weight up front to offset the driver/passenger seating position compared to the ProSport and 2+2.

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    That's a good question. Example: I removed my 2 lead acid batteries 125# up front (bassport pro) and replaced with one 32# lithium. That's removing 93# BUT...i did not put 93# in the back of the boat which is essentially what you would be doing moving both your batteries to the back. ACtually, you would be moving 125+/- LB to the rear along with your cranking battery, fuel and what else you carry back there.

I carry all my gear up front with the exception of the cranking battery 80LB, spare prop 15LB and a tool box 10LB which are in the back.

If you move them don't run any wiring until you get out and actually run like you would normally and see what reactions you get. I'd be curious to hear as well.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    Removing the weight would not be as big of change as moving the weight.

I know on my 2+2, I moved my trolling batteries to the front like the BasSport models and 1 mile down the lake I knew I had made a mistake. You'll know real quick how it changes the feel.

6. Member
    When I had my Bassport pro I moved my batteries to the rear of the boat and it did not work for me. I would test it before you make a change.

Greg
    Podge

7. Member
    I don't have a BasSport but , if I did I'd leave the battery's in the front where they were meant be . The guy that designed the boat tends to know what he's doing.

8. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Try just moving one battery you'll like the difference. Moving both would be to much.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I went from 125lbs (2 12v) in the bow to 60lbs (2 36v) in the bow and did not notice much of any change at all.

I would probably leave the batteries in their designed location as suggested
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I agree with leaving them up front or replaceing them with Lithiums but not to add 125 LB to the stern
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P