2014 Triton 21 XS
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Bravo 1 XS 26 P 4 Blade
    Dual Power Pole 10' Blade
    Humminbird 1198, 998, 360
    HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    First of all, I want sonar/imaging data at my location on the boat--not shared from a boat length away.

Second, SI shows the same thing as DI, just more of it=180 degrees. I want to see "over there" at all times, not just what is below.
    360 just shows more SI "over there" and "down there" too but not as clear as SI.

Third, I don't use DI for fishing at all, it doesn't show "over there".

That pretty much means a SI unit everywhere.
    With two SI units beside each other with the same size display sharing a single SI transducer you can have one unit with left side SI and the other unit right side SI and have double the image sizes or use double the range to cover more water faster for SAR. I actually have a mount and power on the passenger side for one unit linked to a console unit to do SAR with an assistant.
    I'm with you on that Wayne, I have very little use for DI....
    04 Dargel Skout 115 Rude HB 1199ci si hd / AS RC1 / Garmin 106sv / lvs32

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I want BOTH - I want great resolution what is below as well as what is off over yonder.

The 2D is good, but the DI "explains" fine details better.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I want BOTH - I want great resolution what is below as well as what is off over yonder.

The 2D is good, but the DI "explains" fine details better.
    I agree with you on using both 2D and DI. In my downrigging for Stripers in fresh water, I use all 3 (DI, SI, and 2D) and there are times when each definitely has its use... Not to mention the awesome fun stuff like these pictures of bridges I have found with my Onix SI! One of them shows both the 2D and DI of the same bridge shot. Although most of these aren't really fishing specific, they do point out the clarity you can get from a dedicated DI circuit. The last one, however, is fishing specific and is of a power generator intake at Tims Ford Lake Dam. In this case DI was the best tool for showing the school of fish around the top of the intake. Unfortunately, they were Alligator Gar and not Stripers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12