Thread: Boarding Ladder

Boarding Ladder

Putting a boarding ladder on my Tracker TX 17. Looking for suggestions on what type of screws, bolts, or anchors to use to mount it. The only time it will be used is if my old nass goes over.

2. Banned
    You mounting it to the transom or the deck?

3. Member
    Transom

Stainless screws.. Drill the right Size pilot hole
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

5. Banned
    Do you have access to the splashwell side of the transom. Can't go wrong with SS thrubolts, fender washers and Nyloc nuts. Just make sure you seal it up.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Do you have access to the splashwell side of the transom. Can't go wrong with SS thrubolts, fender washers and Nyloc nuts. Just make sure you seal it up.
    This^^^ is what I did when I mounted a boarding ladder on the transom of my Lund. Once the project was finished, I also put a plastic cap nut on the end of all of the screws to keep me from skinning up my knuckles when working in the bilge.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Let's see some pics of your set ups guys. I wouldn't mind putting one on my transom as well ��
    2014 Pro Team 175TXW
    60hp 4 stroke Mercury
    Minn Kota Edge 45lb
    Lowrance Elite 7ti
    Port console

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuentes2807 View Post
    Let's see some pics of your set ups guys. I wouldn't mind putting one on my transom as well ��
    Mounted mine to the rear deck of my Lund http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=416072 .

9. Member
    Check out the all aboard ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawer View Post
    Putting a boarding ladder on my Tracker TX 17. Looking for suggestions on what type of screws, bolts, or anchors to use to mount it. The only time it will be used is if my old nass goes over.
    Sounds like you are just looking for a ladder for emergency use. I have an All Aboard Ladder suggested in a post above and it works great for this does not require any drilling into your hull. That is what I would install.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    Got the ladder mounted this morning. Hope I never need t use it.

12. Member
    I wanted a ladder for my tracker txw 175 bad. I bought the All Aboard and it looked great, installed easy and was made well.....HOWEVER I tried it under prefect conditions with a life jacket on, in swimming trunks, warm water, no wind etc and I 100% could not get into the boat with it. To be frank I had to be towed to a cove while holding onto the back of the boat and once I was shallow enough to touch the bottom only then could I climb back in with it. It scared the hell out of me, if it had been cold, if I had clothes on, if I was alone etc I would of died before I could get in. So I took it off that night, ordered this ladder from Amazon for pretty cheap and went back out the next week......got in no problem what so ever. I love it, it's light, it folds small and you can get back in with no effort at all. maybe isn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen but it's wonderful piece of mind to me and makes it fun if you and the family want to swim. I'm not bashing anyone or anything I'm just giving you real world experience from myself.

13. Member
    So where did you get the ladder?

14. Member
    I got mine from a local shop

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    I wanted a ladder for my tracker txw 175 bad. I bought the All Aboard and it looked great, installed easy and was made well.....HOWEVER I tried it under prefect conditions with a life jacket on, in swimming trunks, warm water, no wind etc and I 100% could not get into the boat with it. To be frank I had to be towed to a cove while holding onto the back of the boat and once I was shallow enough to touch the bottom only then could I climb back in with it. It scared the hell out of me, if it had been cold, if I had clothes on, if I was alone etc I would of died before I could get in. So I took it off that night, ordered this ladder from Amazon for pretty cheap and went back out the next week......got in no problem what so ever. I love it, it's light, it folds small and you can get back in with no effort at all. maybe isn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen but it's wonderful piece of mind to me and makes it fun if you and the family want to swim. I'm not bashing anyone or anything I'm just giving you real world experience from myself.

So where did you buy this ladder and what is it called.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    So where did you buy this ladder and what is it called.
    Overtons sells them. It's just a telescopic ladder.

17. Member
    overtons has them, there a million on amazon and ebay. There are quite a few around the $50 price range if I remember correctly.