Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I started out with a 52 but then cut it down 5 inches.

2. Member
    Does the foot pedal fit in the recess tray ?

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Yes. It did in my 2015 20 trx.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Fit in my ‘17 also

I chuckle reading the posts deciding between 45" and 52" MK Ultrex lengths. I have a 60" Fortrex and have it set so the trolling motor touches bottom before the boat does and there are days when the trolling motor comes out of the water trying to fish a spot. I'll be getting a 60" Ultrex this year.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Member
    Had 52 ultrex and went back to 45. I fish ky lake. Fished all last year just fine. When tva and winds get that bad i get off water.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave1 View Post
    The shipping weight is 105lbs on the Ultrex. What kind of effect does that have on the performance of the boat. My Motor Guide is 53lbs including the mount.
    I have heard nothing but good things about the Ultrex. I haven't heard anyone mention the weight.
    I went from a MG Tour 45" to the Ultrex 45". The Ultrex was noticably heavier. I can't get the bow up cruising at 50mph anymore but I can get lift at WOT. All that said I do like the MK so far. Have only had it out 2-3 times this winter

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Member
    When I am hunting big smallmouth I seek out nasty weather and wind. No it’s not comfy but that’s what it takes to get bites on the biggest smallies in the lake. My 52 is out of the water a lot. It’s a matter of choice what kind of water you want or need to fish to accomplish what you want. I would have to stay home if I had a 45 and that’s not going to happen. The ultrex paired up with a humminbird with link will change the way you fish. The follow the contour feature is worth the price alone. And then there’s spot lock...

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave1 View Post
    The shipping weight is 105lbs on the Ultrex. What kind of effect does that have on the performance of the boat. My Motor Guide is 53lbs including the mount.
    I have heard nothing but good things about the Ultrex. I haven't heard anyone mention the weight.
    I have one on a 22trx and yes it's heavier than the MG I had. Does it hurt the performance of my boat? Not that I can tell but if it did it's still worth having over the Mg far and way better.

Same here. My 112 Ultrex 45" is way heavier than my 82 MG digital 45". I may not have as much bow rise but it did not hurt my speed

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    I've always ran 45" shafts on my previous Maxxum and Fortrex units. With my first Ultrex, I am ordering the 52" shaft to try. Partly because of the reported difference in the mount but mainly because I'll want the spot lock to work better in bigger water.
    yesme too

Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    When I am hunting big smallmouth I seek out nasty weather and wind. No it’s not comfy but that’s what it takes to get bites on the biggest smallies in the lake. My 52 is out of the water a lot. It’s a matter of choice what kind of water you want or need to fish to accomplish what you want. I would have to stay home if I had a 45 and that’s not going to happen. The ultrex paired up with a humminbird with link will change the way you fish. The follow the contour feature is worth the price alone. And then there’s spot lock...
    ++

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Fit in my ‘17 also
    Fits a 2015 189trx.
    2015 189 trx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12