Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Stupid question, why don't the come leveled?

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elkmagnet View Post
    I have leveled my last three trucks. I need to lift the front of a newer truck an inch or two in order to fit big aggressive tire chains while driving over uneven roads. I need to be able to drive in two feet of snow a few times a year requiring tall skinny tires and chain's.
    No waste there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackfive View Post
    Stupid question, why don't the come leveled?
    Mine did. It has different springs, shocks, and has a few hundred pounds less payload than the standard truck as some of the weight from the front is now shifted over the rear. It came from the factory with a little rear droop.

The way they look bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by PII Magnum View Post
    Here is mine after the leveling kit

5. Member
    This is great, people with $60,000+ boats that serve the same purpose as a 14' jon boat, telling someone else how to spend his money on something he wants.

6. Member
    Looking at the two pics in Jerry's post obviously plenty of people agree they look better leveled up. There really isn't any other justification needed.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Looking at the two pics in Jerry's post obviously plenty of people agree they look better leveled up. There really isn't any other justification needed.
    FIFY -a leveled truck looks better when not loaded or hauling a trailer.

Good grief the blocks cost 50 bucks its not like hes pissin away 50k on a boat.
    Go spend 50 bucks then spend 30 to 45 minutes putting them on then go get an alignment
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

9. Member
    For the most part I'd agree with that Nova. I've posted many times on the Yoter board I would not choose my particular Tundra for a work truck. The suspension isn't set up for that. They make work trucks series for the folks that really use their trucks to earn a living. Most truck owners occasionally haul some home goods or a trailer that's no where near the max tow limit.

Which one one of us using a pick up to tow a bass boat really need a truck with a tow rating over 5,000 pounds? It's nice, real nice getting up hills at 75 mph without the truck breaking its stride. Some of recall simpler times dragging with what ever you could get a hitch on or maybe a truck with a 250 ci straight six and a one barely carb. Ram had a whopping 225 ci slant six and ford had their own straight six. Those engines will still pull our bass boats. The trucks were about the size of a Colorado. I could reach over the sides and the hot thing was it being a step side bed. Times change, people's tastes change.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    No waste there.
    Guess elkmagnet can rest easy now that he has your approval.

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Guess elkmagnet can rest easy now that he has your approval.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    FIFY -a leveled truck looks better when not loaded or hauling a trailer.
    I guess I will have to take a shot with it loaded with the boat..My dual axle properly balanced trailer barely drops the back of the truck at all

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I guess I will have to take a shot with it loaded with the boat..My dual axle properly balanced trailer barely drops the back of the truck at all
    this .. if your bass boat drops your rear that much you have other problems

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Attached Images Attached Images

2" Rough Country leveling kit.

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

2" front leveling kit. Best 130 bucks I ever spent on it

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

17. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    I have a 2" Rough Country leveling kit on mine with Rancho 5000 shocks and BFG's for slick ramps. Made the truck sit level and the upgraded shocks took the bounce out of the rear while boat in tow when hitting a dip or bump in highway. With the 2" level on the front of my truck, it sits .5" high without boat hooked up..............perfectly level with boat hooked up...........Matthew, I think you will like the results after the level..............................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

18. Member
    The best advice I can give you is don't go over like 2-2.5" leveling kit because you will run into issues with bad cv axle angles and it will wear out ball joints and other steering components prematurely. Also 2" leveling kit and good shocks shouldn't change the ride much if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    I have a 2" Rough Country leveling kit on mine with Rancho 5000 shocks and BFG's for slick ramps. Made the truck sit level and the upgraded shocks took the bounce out of the rear while boat in tow when hitting a dip or bump in highway. With the 2" level on the front of my truck, it sits .5" high without boat hooked up..............perfectly level with boat hooked up...........Matthew, I think you will like the results after the level..............................RR
    This is exactly how its done. looks fantastic!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Here is mine after the leveling kit

Wow thats the nicest looking truck in this whole thread!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast