New Mega 10 on board but slight problem

Not too concerned at this moment. But prior to installing I always test my new electronics to look for potential problems.Everything seemed to function as it should. Until I opted to go into simulator mode. Only screen that came up was radar screen/map combo. This was with only the power hooked up. While in that screen it would not let me select anything, after attempting to hit menu button or any other control , it would reboot.

If I selected normal start up on menu no such problem manifested itself. Tried several times all same results. I know battery is good and of course wiring as it is still factory yet.

Since I like to experiment in simulator mode. It concerns me a little. Just wondering if any other Mega owners have the identical problem. If so probably going to be taken care of on future software update. If not might have to exchange.

Did not bother to finish installation until I learn a little more.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

2. Member
    the unit has to see a TD plugged in,. Try installing that and see what happens

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

3. Banned
    I haven't tried my demo mega in sim mode. The first trip out I make a recording so I can use it when demoing at home.

4. Member
    I just got a mega 9 si a while ago and have had the same issue. I would hide the radar maps and they would keep appearing in sim mode. I was able to scroll thru screens while in sim mode but if I hit the menu button on a radar screen the unit would freeze and reboot. Called HB they know of the problem and it only happens in sim mode. I have taken it out many times and it works just fine.
    another issue you may run into when out on the water is the di picture taking over the right side of the si screen when in a combo screen mode, this issue only arises when sharpness Is turned on low med or high. If kept off it will not have that issue. I have call HB and others have too and you are right in them fixing this in a later software update.

5. Member
    Thanks coach. My older units could always run trouble free with just power applied and nothing else connected. My first side scanner was the 981C and demo mode helped me learn the menus. Since demo mode isn't used when actually fishing. Can understand how the glitch snuck by. Kinda knew when buying new tech some bugs always get by the first year.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

6. Member
    the latest software update for the gen 1 are having screen issues as well. You can turn off the radar screen but every time you reboot the unit it comes back on and you have to turn it off every time. Also when in standby mode when you turn it back on it defaults back to the map page. This is all in normal mode as there are few bugs in simulator mode as well.