2001 Cool Hub Ranger Trail help

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how and fix this? Lost here.

Outside plastic cover broke and all oil leaked out.
    US Air Force
    2001 Ranger Cherokee
    2001 Mercury 75HP Four Stroke
    Humminbird Helix 7's SI & DI
    Minn Kota Ultrex iPilot 80lb

2. Member
    call ranger order new hub take old off put new on refill with 50wt Valvoline racing oil

Thank you. They are only $25 for the hub. Going to replace both. Thank you.
    US Air Force
    2001 Ranger Cherokee
    2001 Mercury 75HP Four Stroke
    Humminbird Helix 7's SI & DI
    Minn Kota Ultrex iPilot 80lb

4. Member
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. A better idea might be to leave the other alone and keep one as a spare. If the fluid is milky, replace the fluid.
    Changing fluid is rather slow but not hard and directions can be found in the stickys above. GL

If you don't already carry a spare hub, go ahead and order one. Otherwise, all you need is the outer cap with the sight glass.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    I replaced my oil bath hubs on my 2007 trailer with vortex hubs. I kept the best oil bath hub for a spare. The replacement was done in 2014 with no maintenance for 100,000 miles or 5-6 years. No issues so far.

7. Member
    Just changed mine to grease today tired of messing with the oil bath crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger62 View Post
    Just changed mine to grease today tired of messing with the oil bath crap.
    I had my COOL Hubs fail twice on the road, back when I was traveling across the state for BFL's. I am not a big fan of them. they may work good for truckers. But, for those of us who have to maintain them ourselves, I think that greased hubs were about as bullet-proof as one could get.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments