M1 lower unit question

Can anyone tell me the proper thrust washer used for mercury prop on a m1 gear case

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Should be part of their hub kit.

3. Member
    The hub kit that I use for my raker II props is to thick and I ordered the mercury flo tourque hub kit made for evinrude/Johnson and the thrust washer will not go all the way back and the back of the prop is sitting about 1" away from the gearcase

-----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    Is anyone running a m1 lower unit with a mercury prop

6. Member
    I use the same thrust washer that I used on my L2. They come with the merc hub kit for evinrudes. They are thin compared to brp washer. Some have had problems maintaining proper prop nut torque. Read Seahorse's attachment.

7. Member
    I have 3 different thrust washers from my last boat which had a mercury but these don't go all the way back on the shaft. Did you have to tap it on or did it just slide on. If you have the time to take your prop off and send me the part number on the one you use I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

8. Member
    It has to be a merc hub kit to put a merc prop on an evinrude. a Regular merc washer will not work. The evinrude hub kit will not work. I fish almost every day this time of year. Might be a few days before I would get to take it off. These parts are not hard to come by.

9. Member
    It is a mercury flo tourque hub kit that I have. It's not the hub I am having a problem with its the thrust washer.

10. Member
    If you are going to put a tempest prop on an evinrude you must purchase a hub kit that is made for that purpose. you can not use any thing from your previous boat except the prop. The hub and washer are specific to to the tempest and evinrude. Try
    Flo-Torq II Hub Kit - 835265Q02 . A simple google search would bring it up. If you have that hub kit and the washer does not fit, it is not the correct washer. they do not need to be forced on. I remind you again about seahorse's attachment.

11. Member
    mojomaste200XP, I was just down your way in Slidell. Stayed at the Hampton Inn by I-10. Was working at Stennis (NASA). I run that lower on my 2004 200 HO and turn a 26 Tempest prop. Make sure you have the mercury hub kit for an Evinrude motor. I believe the one posted above is the correct kit. Sometimes there is a little too much paint on the splines and it is a little difficult to get the prop down onto the thrust washer. A gentle tap on the prob barrel with a 2X4 should get it seated.

12. Member
    Turns out the kit I ordered was for 91 and older evinrude motors. Just ordered the one koops listed so we will see. Thanks