Fuel Line length/replace

2009 20X3 Merc 250 ProXS

I'm wanting to change out the fuel line from the tank to the engine. Has anyone done this and if so, how many feet did you buy/need? Also, where does it connect on the tank? I pulled the center storage box/seat out and looked at the top of the tank. I see the sending unit but at a quick glance I didn't see the fuel line.

Thanks in advance...

CC

2. Member
    You need around 8' of 3/8" from tank to bulb ( type A1-15 Low-Permeation line for below-deck installation),and about 8' of 5/16" from bulb to the pulse pump. Get a new low permeation primer bulb also.

It really depends on where you want the primer bulb located. I prefer to keep the primer bulb below the deck, out of the sun.
    Last edited by Savage; 01-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.

See if the link below works. Old thread of mine when I replaced mine in a 2004 TR-20

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=504985

4. Member
    BTW.....digging this back up to post an update in case anyone else ends up replacing theirs. The line comes off the back of the tank right behind the 3rd battery. You need to remove the battery and the false wall (4 screws). You need 4ft of 3/8" line to the bulb. After the bulb you need 5ft of 5/16" line to go to the engine.