Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Power pole line broke and soaked my carpet!

My power pole hydraulic line broke where it goes into the top cap and soaked my carpet. Any idea how to clean the carpet?

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Hydraulic fluid will lift the glue up in a short amount of time. I have no idea how to get that kind of fluid out of carpet. almost impossibe. You may end up replacing the back deck carpeting. I had some sea star hydraulic fluid leak out of my helm due to a bad "O" ring on the fill cap and it left a spot about the size of a mason jar lid and the carpet came unglued on that spot.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    Sometimes the fluid can even leak through the carpet and into the deck itself. Have heard of guys replacing the carpet, only to have the fluid migrate back into the new carpet. What a drag that would be.

4. Member
    That really sucks!! I would buy a gallon of simple green and soak the carpet a few times a pull out with wet/dry vac then a few more times with plain water. Might also want to try Shout you can buy that by the gallon and works great on cutting oil/grease.
    How old was the line? Was it at a hard angle going into the top cap?
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

5. Member
    Dawn dishwashing detergent works on grease and oil as good as anything I have found.

It's frustrating as crap, the one that busted is less than 4 years old on a series 2. It really doesn't make since how it happened, it was cold out but I wouldn't think that could be that big a deal. It was plumbed with a big loop in the line so no hard angles. Power pole was great about it and sent new lines, fittings, and fluid so I could fix it but the mess looks terrible. Hopefully it doesn't ruin it, at least most of its on the back compartment lid. I'll try the simple green, I haven't tried that. I heard dawn dish soap might work so I'm going to try that too. I guess I'll be replacing the lines every few years from now on...

I don't have a picture of the carpet but this is where it broke.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dawn. A bunch of it, asap.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Resolve carpet cleaner worked for me,and my carpet is still there!
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

If its the actual Power Pole fluid and not hydraulic fluid it will be a LOT easier to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If its the actual Power Pole fluid and not hydraulic fluid it will be a LOT easier to clean up.

Yep...totally different stuff.

I would find a carwash and get to work...dawn will work well too. Take some with you.

If it's biodegradable I wouldn't think it would lift carpethe, but I really don't know.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

13. Member
    Dawn should work. Gently scrub it in with a brush and then rinse well at a car wash. It may take a couple of applications.

14. Member
    Why I got talons. Just sayin no bashing at all.

15. Member
    It looks like your lines were well routed and have grommets where they pass through the top cap. Maybe it got a kink during installation and just fractured. I'd recommend Dawn, hot water, a scrub brush and a shop vac and soon.

16. Member
    I have had my hose break twice. Once my fault, once not (had a pin hole in it). Being biodegradable cleaning the carpet was not an issue. They have just came out with new heavy duty hoses (not tubing). I think I'll check into getting those.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

1st thing should of put oil dry or clumping kitty litter to soak it up,

18. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You saying that the fluid that makes the power poles work thru the pumps etc. is not hydraulic fluid??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

It is hydraulic fluid but it's a biodegradable fluid

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

"Make a positive change with Green Marine ISO-32 100% biodegradable hydraulic fluid. ISO-32 provides the performance you expect and the protection your equipment demands, all while preserving the natural habitat. Compatible with traditional hydraulic fluids, Green Marine ISO-32 is designed for use in Power-Pole® systems, trim tabs, jack plates, hatch lifters, inboard/outboard tilt and trim, and more.

Designed to perform in rugged marine systems that require anit-wear, anti-rust, anti-oxidization and demulsibility.

Use in mobile and stationary hydraulic vane, piston and gear-type pumps. Has been shown to have exceptional anti-wear performance. Meets both A and B sequences of ASTM D-665 turbine oil rust test.

Green Marine ISO 32 is an environmentally responsible product formulated with American-grown annually renewable resources (oil seeds). Green Marine meets or exceeds the highest standards of biodegradability, in case of a leak or spill, Green Marine provides complete biodegradation within 28 days, which causes no harmful effects to marine life, insuring the preservation of the natural habitat. Made in USA."

I would contact Power-Pole and ask those guys about the best way to clean it out of your carpet,,, but according to the above quote it should be no problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast