Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    The fluid nightmare is one of the reasons I went with talons, several other factors as well, that really sucks that your fluid in dated the carpet. The new style pumps and hoses I don't believe are compatible with the older version poles.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlFedAngler View Post
    I have had my hose break twice. Once my fault, once not (had a pin hole in it). Being biodegradable cleaning the carpet was not an issue. They have just came out with new heavy duty hoses (not tubing). I think I'll check into getting those.
    I checked their website and could not locate these news hoses. Do you know where you had seen or where you heard about them? I'm going to reconfigure my rear compartment and would like to use these
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    I checked their website and could not locate these news hoses. Do you know where you had seen or where you heard about them? I'm going to reconfigure my rear compartment and would like to use these
    They are not available yet, and will need new fittings or some sort of modification to work with older pumps

I'd try finding a carpet cleaner. Like the Rug Doctors and such they have for rent at the grocery store (they do around here anyway), most have hand held attachments. You can put what ever cleaner you want in it. This is the main reason I got rid of my poles. I cringed thinking about oil in my bilge, much less the carpet. Everyone praise's their customer service and I can assure you if it was my boat I'd put them to the test!

Just throwing this out there. I had fluid spill on my carpet back in September and I never spent much time trying to get it out. About a month later I tried simple green. Now it's so cold it's hard to really try and clean it out but the spot is still there. Hopefully sometime this winter I can get it out if temps stay above freezing.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    I thought green marine was just vegetable oil?
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

7. Member
    Now I'm rethinking my decision to top off mine with Shell Aero 31. I bet that stuff leaves a nasty stain.
    2005 206

Now I'm rethinking my decision to top off mine with Shell Aero 31. I bet that stuff leaves a nasty stain.
    Ive mixed mine in the past due to being lazy and not calling PP for more. Never had a leak in 2 sets and 5 years of use. No issues..and cleaning anywhere but carpet is a little shot of carwash spray.

I would get another quart from PP if you are worried about it. Im guessing you are a little frozen in Illinois and cant fish....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Ive mixed mine in the past due to being lazy and not calling PP for more. Never had a leak in 2 sets and 5 years of use. No issues..and cleaning anywhere but carpet is a little shot of carwash spray.

I would get another quart from PP if you are worried about it. Im guessing you are a little frozen in Illinois and cant fish....

Just worried it would stain the gelcoat if left for too long. Boat is sitting in FL right now...but looks like the ice might break around here next week.
    2005 206

Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
    I thought green marine was just vegetable oil?

I busted a line on mine a few years ago and it splattered across my back deck and all across my garage door. Totally my fault and figured I was in for a mess and some $$ spent to correct and clean. Wiped it all off and after a couple of days you could not tell it had ever happened. I only use the Green marine brand though.

Just worried it would stain the gelcoat if left for too long. Boat is sitting in FL right now...but looks like the ice might break around here next week.
    I suppose it could. I always keep covers on mine to prevent any crazy splatter or spray. I worked as a QC Manger for several years for a hydraulics hose mfg....I learned there if you have a cover on those hoses the severity of spray and blowout is minimal. Wouldnt matter if it was a pinhole or a full blowout, any cover contains it quite well. Cordura ones work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeback View Post
    Why I got talons. Just sayin no bashing at all.
    Me too I saw all that hardware,tubes ,pumps,reservoir
    But dawn should work good and maybe hot water

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I suppose it could. I always keep covers on mine to prevent any crazy splatter or spray. I worked as a QC Manger for several years for a hydraulics hose mfg....I learned there if you have a cover on those hoses the severity of spray and blowout is minimal. Wouldnt matter if it was a pinhole or a full blowout, any cover contains it quite well. Cordura ones work great.
    I may look into getting some Cordura sleeves when I reconfigure my PP pumps. Thanks!
    2005 206

14. Banned
    The hydraulic lines on my skeeter run right under the rub rail and not on the top cap. Not much of a chance to make a mess on the carpet if one was to break.

Be sure and use warm water that will help break down the oil. I would try Dawn and a good plastic brush. Wash many times
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

16. Member
    Not sure on carpet, but I've used WD 40 on clothes to get it oil and grease out. The WD will wash out. I would test on any fabric or carpet 1st though.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Got busy at work but I'm going to try dawn in the morning, hopefully it works since it's sat this long. I saw on the bottle where it said biodegradable but figured it was regular hydraulic fluid. Either way, I hope it comes out!

18. Member
    Wd40 worked on mine.

19. Member
    Honestly, I'd run the boat over to a ServPro and see if they can use there commercial grade carpet cleaners to clean the carpeting.

20. Banned
    You have already waited 4 days. Must not be that big of a deal to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast