Thread: SHO ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

SHO ???

I've been doing some reading and have read that hydro tech can make a 200 hp SHO to output 300 hp.. If so what would be a ball park cost of this. Also would it affect the reliability and warrantee? Thanks.

2. Banned
    Electronic tuning works better on a Verado due to their being Supercharged. Simon Motorsports can take a 225 Verado and get 315 reliable horsepower out of it. But naturally aspirated motors are harder to get the big horsepower out of. I understand driveability is improved with his tuning, however.

I'd suggest you look on Simon's website, and call them if you have any questions.

3. Member
    Yes on the SHO ecu flash. No on impact to reliability. Possible on warranty if raised limiter and ran above factory recommend rpm. Flash cost is 650, I think. Call hydrotec with your questions. Great people to deal with.

4. Member
    Im planning on getting a used ecu to have it flashed to 300hp as well. I think using 300hp ecu isnt allowed on some tournament trail so ill have the original for tournments and 300 flashed one for fun club tourneys. And ive been assured there is no way yamaha will know its flashed or void the warranty. Its hard for them to prove it and yamaha is great so im sure they wont bother.

5. Member
    Flash will net over 350 hp at 6700 rpm. They can do a flash without changing RPM that will still get around 300 hp. There is a graph In the Yamaha performance forum that shows the hp.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    That's some crazy hp!! I'll know when a 200 sho smokes me what is up. Lol. I'm very happy with my current rig, but always looking toward the future.

7. Banned
    Horse power doesn't mean much if there isn't enough torque behind it. The torque falls off very quickly around 5500 rpm and without torque heavy boats have minimum gain in performance if any. Imo, not worth it if you run a sled.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Horse power doesn't mean much if there isn't enough torque behind it. The torque falls off very quickly around 5500 rpm and without torque heavy boats have minimum gain in performance if any. Imo, not worth it if you run a sled.
    WELL MY BOAT IS 22FEET LONG,, HULL WEIGH 2000LBS , SO YOU TELL ME IF THE FLASH IS WORTH IT FOR A HEAVY BOAT.. STOCK 250 SHO RAN 78 TO 79 GPS. LOOK AT THE VIDEO AN TELL ME RICH.. WORTH IT OR NOT..

Last edited by jrbritt; 01-29-2017 at 12:23 PM.

9. Banned
    Lol, Im impressed. Let me run out and buy a gambler.

10. Banned
    Lol, Im impressed. Let me run out and buy a gambler.
    nah... just get the sho flashed by wayne.. lol
    Last edited by jrbritt; 01-25-2017 at 02:35 AM.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    My current hull weight is just under 1800.

12. Banned
    JR, 300xs could easily put you in the mid 90s for a lot less. Not doing anything to mine. I enjoy fishing FLW events and better half of the field run Rangers so they're easy to pass.

13. Member
    I agree. Last I've seen there was a big flat line once you get to 5k which was preventing some guys from turning a bigger prop to get to the next level of power. Once they get that flat spot fixed it will really turn these motors into some beast without having to raise the rpm limit to get to that extra power.

14. Banned
    JR, 300xs could easily put you in the mid 90s for a lot less. Not doing anything to mine. I enjoy fishing FLW events and better half of the field run Rangers so they're easy to pass.
    Rich I had A 300xs on my boat .. 91 gps was the best that the 300xs could do. it also had the dave bush racing kit with the mike nass cowling.. so I'm only 2 miles per hour slower so far with the sho . once I get the lower unit done I think the sho will be faster... the sho has better hole shot. better fuel mileage. also if the mercury 300xs was proped for hole shot , I lost top end. if I prop for top end I lost hotshot..plus the noise factor with the mercury is twice a loud. theres a video on youtube of the same boat with the mercury 300XS or I could post it on here if you want to view it.. I HAD THE MERCURY 300XS THREE YEAR RAN GREAT. BUT I FEEL SO FAR THAT THE SHO Is OR WILL BE FASTER IN THE END... was the mercury cheaper than the sho,, NOT REALLY . But I was ready for a 4 stroke change... I saw the dyno sheet of the sho. but so far I have not felt a flat spot in it. but that could be due to the 1.75 gears compared to the mercury 1.62. anyway I say if you want the most bang for your sho... have wayne at hydro tech flash it..
    Last edited by jrbritt; 01-25-2017 at 09:37 PM.

15. Banned
    RICH ONE MORE THING I FOROT A NEW 300XS IS ABOUT 16,500.00 AND UP . A NEW 200 SHO IS ABOUT 14,000.00 PLUS 650.00 FOR THE 300 FLASH. AND YOU GET 5 YEARS OF WARRANTY NOT 2 YEAR OF WARRANTY SO THE SHO IS ABOUT 2000.00 DOLLARS CHEAPER.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    Rich I had A 300xs on my boat .. 91 gps was the best that the 300xs could do. it also had the dave bush racing kit with the mike nass cowling.. so I'm only 2 miles per hour slower so far with the sho . once I get the lower unit done I think the sho will be faster... the sho has better hole shot. better fuel mileage. also if the mercury 300xs was proped for hole shot , I lost top end. if I prop for top end I lost hotshot..plus the noise factor with the mercury is twice a loud. theres a video on youtube of the same boat with the mercury 300XS or I could post it on here if you want to view it.. I HAD THE MERCURY 300XS THREE YEAR RAN GREAT. BUT I FEEL SO FAR THAT THE SHO Is OR WILL BE FASTER IN THE END... was the mercury cheaper than the sho,, NOT REALLY . But I was ready for a 4 stroke change... I saw the dyno sheet of the sho. but so far I have not felt a flat spot in it. but that could be due to the 1.75 gears compared to the mercury 1.62. anyway I say if you want the most bang for your sho... have wayne at hydro tech flash it..

Don't you know you aren't supposed to make comments using real world data?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davepjr71 View Post
    Don't you know you aren't supposed to make comments using real world data?
    My fx20 weighs 2175 with stock 250sho. I can easily hit 78 with a 26p txp, by myself with light load in 40 degree water no wind. Gamblers are performance hulls and normally will run around 80 with any stock 250. If JR ran this same setup with full tournament load, no wind at his back I'm willing to bet that boat becomes an average speed Gambler and he won't be able to run a 29p prop. Not worth it especially when fishing major sanction tournaments and risking DQ. Additionally, 6600 rpm will void your warranty! Good luck.

18. Banned
    I'm willing to bet that boat becomes an average speed Gambler and he won't be able to run a 29p prop. Not worth it especially when fishing major sanction tournaments and risking DQ. Additionally, 6600 rpm will void your warranty! Good luck.

OK HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO BET.. MY BOAT IS LOADED TO FISH . I HAD WALNUT STROKER DOWN HERE IN FLA. AN WITH HIM ( HE WEIGH'S 320LBS) AN ME 6'4 AND I WEIGH 265 LBS IM NOT A LITTLE GUY LIKE YOU RICH. BUT THE POINT IS ALL MY FISHING GEAR WITH ME AN HIM AN 3/4 TANK OF GAS .. ( STERLING HOLD 52 GALLON OF GAS.) WE RAN 87 GPS. JUMPED OUT OF THE HOLE GREAT.. WALNUT STROKER OWNS A STROKER WITH A SHO ON THE BACK OF HIS BOAT. HES ON THE STROKER BOARD ALL THE TIME. SEND HIM A PM OR ASK HIM TO CHIME IN HERE. SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO REALLY MAKE THAT BET RICH DONT BE SCARED . IM READY .

19. Banned
    My fx20 weighs 2175 with stock 250sho. I can easily hit 78 with a 26p txp, by myself with light load in 40 degree water no wind. Gamblers are performance hulls and normally will run around 80 with any stock 250. If JR ran this same setup with full tournament load, no wind at his back I'm willing to bet that boat becomes an average speed Gambler and he won't be able to run a 29p prop. Not worth it especially when fishing major sanction tournaments and risking DQ. Additionally, 6600 rpm will void your warranty! Good luck.

RICH YOUR BOAT REALLY ONLY WEIGH'S 2075 LBS IT'S THE FX 21 THAT WEIGHS 2175 BUT THATS STILL A SLED AN 78 I GREAT IN THAT BOAT . IT MUST BE FLASHED .. LOL

20. Member
    I can attest to JR's numbers. Had gps app running on my phone and was .2 difference to his HDS. Ran the phone app to check accuracy of the phone numbers. My hummingbird units won't hold max speed reading, so I plan on using the phone app to record my speed runs. JR's boat is a runner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast