Thread: Relion and SHO

Relion and SHO

Gonna start a new thread since I realized the one below was an old one. I am considering a Relion for my cranking battery. Per the company, they occasionally hear of a few problems with certain battery/motor combos to quote "The battery and charging system operate correctly but sometimes the system shuts down for a milisecond and resets the system. "

Anyone running this battery with a SHO? And any issues? I had previously heard lithium pro (prior) was a no go with the SHO due to the alternator/charging system but not sure if that's true or was true with Relion. Thanks

2. Member
    That's news to me. As TKB stated I have a 100 ah RELiON and a SHO....zero issues . Also keep in mind the RELiONs charge differently than Lithium Pro's and use a standard charger. I use the AGM setting on my Minn Kota charger for best results.

3. Member
    Thanks Rick!

the older yamaha's charging system would charge at too high a voltage for the lithium batteries but the SHO works fine.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

5. Member
    Thanks for all the help. Want to be dead sure before I even consider pulling the trigger.