Question regarding hull blisters.....

Guys, I've been out of the Bass Cat loop since I last bought a new PIII in 01. Proud to say I'm coming back to the family in short order. I'm undecided at this point as to whether I want to bite the bullet and order a new one or shop a previously owned. I'm aware that at some point, hull blistering became somewhat of an issue due to changes in resin in the hull makeup. What year model/models did they change resins to combat that problem? I realize that blistering can be a problem at any point, but I would have better peace of mind knowing what year models may be more prone than others to have this issue. Thanks in advance and looking forward to coming back "home!"

2. Member
    I believe if you go 2010 and forward they used vinyl ester barrier coat and such on the premium models.

3. Member
    The barrier coat is also an option on non premium models.

2015 is when they went VE resin. The barrier coat was done before that year but not sure which year. Starting in 2010, if my memory about my conversation with Rick is correct, the resin got better and has every year since because of the constant tinkering and attention to detail BCB puts in their boats. Do a search, Rick has posted a very long explanation about this somewhere on here. Once again, if memory serves me correct 2001-2007 was the most susceptible years.

2003 was the last year of the old Vinyl Ester resin due to MACT EPA changes.

6. Member
    I did some searching and found this:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....light=Blisters

this kind of openness and information from BCB is exactly why I'm buying one.