Triton cover fit?

So I recently purchased a '17 20trx. I'm coming out of a stratos 294 evolution. Seems like my stratos cover had a better fit than the Triton cover. I've seen yalls pictures of how tight the covers fit on your triton, but mine seems to have a lot of slop in it. How do you go about getting the tight fit? It came with the ratchets and white rope, but I can't seem to figure out what the white rope is for. I used the pole that comes with the boat that adjusts for the cover and tightened the ratchets, but it still has a lot of slop.

2. Member
    If it's the factory cover they suck .
    i installed grommets and use bungee cords to hold it tight. On my 186 I had a custom cover built here in Tulsa and it was nice

3. Member
    Are you referring to the shipping cover ?

4. Member
    My triton cover is a nice cover, but fits like garbage. I had to make brackets from PVC to mount on the floor to hold the cover up and prevent water from pocketing.

5. Member
    Yeah the black factory cover what's got the ratchets and says Triton on the back. Super nice cover

6. Member
    I'm in the same boat as you with the cover. I have a 20 TRX and also have a factory black Triton cover. I have tried several different ways with this thing while trailering no good yet. It needs a pole in center just in front of consoles but that's where the vent hole is. I'm not sure what to try next. I know you could build a pvc type framework and then do what with it when you get to the lake. My dealer told me that pole that comes with it is just for storing not trailering. I'm open to any ideas.

7. Member
    Here is what I did on my 18XS cover. I cut out that rubber clamshell vent leaving as much fabric as possible. I then got Vico Boat Vent 3 with the center support pole. Pretty inexpensive from Amazon.

My wife then tidied up the edges with thread and you simply screw in the boat vent. A guy at camp did the same thing but he had a canvas shop reinforce the fabric around the vent hole. He said they charged him $65 for that work.

I have a single console boat and that center pole eliminates the sagging and stretches the cover for an excellent fit.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

My Triton Cover fits really tight

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    I personally dont trailer with the cover on, but if I did I would just throw the two pieces of PVC in the bed of my truck, the least of my worries. More is taken up in the truck with the cover than a couple pieces of PVC. The PVC works. Just built a square frame with a single piece thru the middle so I can insert a 4 foot piece of PVC that stands up the cover. I have a smaller one on the back deck as well. Just pull the center piece out and throw that and the frames in the truck, takes up ZERO room bud. Problem solved, PVC and connectors cost me like 20 bucks. No issues at all now.

10. Member
    Well Tim W your cover looks great on there. Mine doesn't fit like that. MetsFan9 your right I was just thinking the pvc frame would be a hassle. I don't trailer often with cover on but on long trips and wet roads really helps with keeping road grime out of boat. If u could post a pic of any framework I would like to see your ideas. Thanks for the input! Oh yea Tim W my boat is your exact color.

11. Member
    My cover fits like that until it gets wet or as you trailer the wind stretches it out and it lays flat on the front deck

12. Banned
    My cover fits like a glove. I won't have water pooling issues in light to moderate rain, but heavy rain will make it sag and pool over the front deck. I bought a tractor tire inner tube and threw it on the front deck. Works great. No more pooling.

I keep the boat in my garage, though.