Thread: Duck

Duck

I took the wife to a fancy smanshy restaurant this past weekend for our anniversary and i got a duck appetizer it was white and black sesame coated with this redish brown sause. Man you talking about good. Anyway im going to get some ducks from my buddy how else do yall like cooking them??

I did this with a store bought duck. Followed just like he said, put it on the egg. Excellent. Have done a few wild ones that came out very well, also. Don't overcook them!!!!

3. Member
    Bacon wrapped breast fillets wrapped around jalapeños or portabella mushrooms on the grill or smoker about as good as it gets.

4. Member
    Thanks both of those sound really good!!!!!!!

5. Member
    Duck / Goose Poppers

Using just breast meat cut up the breast into about 1” cubes

Put cubes into a plastic bag or container and cover with Wishbone Italian Dressing and place in fridge overnight

Cut either hot or sweet peppers in half (like jalapeño, cherry or banana peppers) and clean out the veins and seeds.

Place the marinated duck pieces in the half shell pepper and put a smear of cream cheese over the meat.

Wrap each pepper with a half piece of par cooked bacon OR just put the piece of bacon on top.

Grill until the bacon is crispy

Serve hot and watch them disappear

6. Member
    ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ Best way in my opinion. Be sure not to cook the duck past medium.

I love my wild duck poppers but there is nothing similar about a domestic duck and a mallard. Both good but nothing alike.

8. Member
    If your saying your getting wild duck from your buddy I always breast mine out, always soak it in milk, I do the cubes wrapped in bacon but I prefer BBQ sauce basted on them on the grill rather than the Italian dressing, also I'll take the whole breast and butter fly it open, beat it alittle to tenderize it, cream cheese, jalapeños, salt and pepper, wrap it with a piece of bacon and throw it on the grill, basting in BBQ sauce, don't cook past medium, the way the cream cheese melts into the meat is amazing!! If your talking store bought duck well then I don't have a clue!
    2008 Triton tr20xhp 250 pro xs
    16' Roughneck Johnson 60/40 jet

9. Member
    IMHO the best wild duck meat is Canvasback hands down.

10. Member
    Wild- breast, butterfly, stuff with 1 jalapeño+1 banana pepper, wrap in bacon, grill to medium rare. Cheers!!!
    RANGER BOATS

11. Member
    I like them similar to the above posts. Typically cut a slit in the breast lengthwise and put a piece of sweet onion inside. Then wrap with bacon and grill then to medium or do. Love them each time I go to north Dakota that's how we have lunch every day.

12. Banned
    i like to make duck chislic. what we do is cut the breast up in to cubes marinate in Worchester sauce and soy sauce with garlic powder and onion powder. then fry for a few minutes till they are med rare. love my duck this way.