Thread: Hair Drug Test

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hair Drug Test

I work for an energy company on the coal mining side and yesterday they surprised everyone with a hair follicle test. First time they have done one in the 5 years ive been working here. Needless to say I believe we will be doing extensive hiring in the coming months.

2. Banned
    Can't beat the hair test.

3. Banned
    I'd give them the hair, but I draw the line at the follicles.

4. Member
    Is there a difference in the hair and follicles? It was just a hair test. I thought it was all the same.

Simple- just dont do drugs if you have a job worth keeping.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Evidently a few guys walked out and quit on the spot, some where pretty nervous, and a couple guys cried..

I once had to take a hair test for a job... instead of taking head hair they trimmed my armpit hair. No idea why they went that route but I had to trim the other that night, felt out of balance haha

Anyone know why they would rather have pit hair than head hair?!? always wondered
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

8. Member
    That'll reduce the workforce by a bunch. If they did one where I work, they'd have to close. Sad but true
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Simple- just dont do drugs if you have a job worth keeping.
    I agree. This is company has a great benefit plan and alot of guys make or have the opportunity to make over 100k a year.

10. Member
    Glad it wasn't groin hair. Ouch
    Praying for a Cure

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    I once had to take a hair test for a job... instead of taking head hair they trimmed my armpit hair. No idea why they went that route but I had to trim the other that night, felt out of balance haha

Anyone know why they would rather have pit hair than head hair?!? always wondered
    If you have short head hair possibly. I think the hair needs to be 1 1/2 inches. I also read that they can trace back farther using body hair instead of head hair.

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I am in the belief that what is done on your own personal time is your business only. However I have no problem with spot checks to ensure workers aren't under the influence while on the job.

Dale Sinclair original

13. Banned
    I may be wrong but usually if found positive you are given a second chance if a rehab session in scheduled.

Seems pretty easy to me... if you like to get high, don't accept a job that that does drug tests. If you work for a company that does drug test, don't get high! Seems so simple...

15. Member
    With as many restrictions as they have on coal these days, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a cleaner way of laying some people off.

16. Member
    HR team is gonna have their hands full in coming weeks.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post

No clue only time I have seen them take body hair was when the individual was bald.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    I am in the belief that what is done on your own personal time is your business only. However I have no problem with spot checks to ensure workers aren't under the influence while on the job.
    I agree with this 100%
    The problem is that all of the drug test that I know of do not test to see if you are under the influence or not. I don't like the fact that a man can get drunk every night of the week and not have any problem. But a man that smokes a joint on Saturday night can not keep his job because of a drug test.

19. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Guys were washing their hair with iodine or vinegar or something else before the last time I was in a scheduled test. When I worked at a refinery, everyone had a piss kit in their lockers or in their toolboxes. URine clean if I remember right.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    I may be wrong but usually if found positive you are given a second chance if a rehab session in scheduled.
    My company doesnt operate that way..However, If you go to them before the test and say you have a problem they will get you help and give you another chance after you complete rehab.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast