Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The newer mega bass swim baits

Anybody have any problems with these. I bought 1 each of the Magslowl and Magdraft and I'm doing something wrong. I can't get them to swim straight to save my life. Especially the magslowl. It keeps wanting to run nose down and sometimes almost vertically. The other I have found a certain speed to where I can make it run straight. Any insight would be appreciated.

What setup are you throwing it on? Line size, reel ratio etc. Also what size baits did you get?

3. Member
    I have thrown both on a 7'3 hvy with fast tip. 6:1 reel and 15 lb fc line. I think I can work with the magdraft and figure it out. The other is the 1 I can't seem to get to swim right. It's the 5 inch model. The magdraft I'll have to look but it's just a little bigger.

4. Member
    Are you using a weightless hook? If so put a couple suspend straps on it and that will help a lot

5. Member
    The magslowl is 1 of the prerigged outfits. Has the wire thru it with treble attached.

I have fished the Magdraft, and found that you have to fish it relatively slow, otherwise it spins out.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Are you using a weightless hook? If so put a couple suspend straps on it and that will help a lot
    They come prerigged. There are magnets in belly of bait to hold treb l e against belly and helping bait to foul less. Also helps the bait last longer since hook is not in the bait itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredglass View Post
    I have thrown both on a 7'3 hvy with fast tip. 6:1 reel and 15 lb fc line. I think I can work with the magdraft and figure it out. The other is the 1 I can't seem to get to swim right. It's the 5 inch model. The magdraft I'll have to look but it's just a little bigger.
    The Magslowl is designed to fish slow.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megab...slowl_Swimbait

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The Magslowl is designed to fish slow.
    EXTREMELY slowly. The Magdraft can be fished more quickly, but it's even meant to be fished slower than normal. I've done very well on both...

10. Member
    That was why I bought it because it was made to fish slow. When I slow it down it starts to nose dive. If i speed it up a little it starts to roll. I just can't seem to find a retrieve that makes it run like it should. Do you thing adding a split ring or quick snap may help?

That was why I bought it because it was made to fish slow. When I slow it down it starts to nose dive. If i speed it up a little it starts to roll. I just can't seem to find a retrieve that makes it run like it should. Do you thing adding a split ring or quick snap may help?
    Personally i would not add anything to it. Maybe experiment a bit on different setups.

12. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    What setup works best for you Mark ?

What size Magslowl & Magdraft are most of you guys throwing? I would like to try them out this year. Thanks
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

14. Member
    I have the 5" and 6" Magdraft and need to wind them in at a very quick retrieve to get tail to kick at all. Not happy with them at all.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    What setup works best for you Mark ?
    Megabass Orochi XX Flipping Special, 15-20lb line and a Daiwa Tatula reel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughThumbBG View Post
    I have the 5" and 6" Magdraft and need to wind them in at a very quick retrieve to get tail to kick at all. Not happy with them at all.
    That has not been my experience with the Magdraft - I have to fish it slow to get the best action.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnpatrol View Post
    What size Magslowl & Magdraft are most of you guys throwing? I would like to try them out this year. Thanks
    I like the 6" quite a bit.

Thanks for the info guys.
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    I give up. I've tried everything I know of to get it to swim. It stays ass up at all slow retrieves. If I speed it up it just start to roll on me. It swims as if the line tie were in the center of its back. I did a Google search and it appears mine isn't the only one. I don't see it being a bad run. I'm pretty disappointed because this bait looks so great. I couldnt wait to throw it.

I give up. I've tried everything I know of to get it to swim. It stays ass up at all slow retrieves. If I speed it up it just start to roll on me. It swims as if the line tie were in the center of its back. I did a Google search and it appears mine isn't the only one. I don't see it being a bad run. I'm pretty disappointed because this bait looks so great. I couldnt wait to throw it.
    Send me your contact info. I will see what can be done. Sorry your troubles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast