Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tracker Pro Team 190 TX owners,,,,,,,,,

Looking at getting one.

Can I get honest opinion on likes and dislikes.

Thank You

lots of satisfied owners out there. when I was looking at tins in 2011 I went with Crestliner instead. a bit more expensive but imo a better built boat. I would go with the 115 and not the 90. today, I would look at Triton, Ranger, Crestliner, and some others. I really don't care for the lay out on the new Trackers.

Trackers are good boats. Some owners will chime in soon enough.

I have been looking at the fuel difference and speed difference on the 90 versus 115. On a 18'8" Ranger aluminum the 90 is running 42-46 mph and the 115 is getting 46-51 or a smidge better. Of course that is WOT and not at trying to get good fuel consumption. Looks like from what I have been reading the 90 gets darn near double the fuel mileage. Just hard to imagine, perhaps I am mistaken? Just thought I would throw that in there.

Buy the boat YOU want in the end.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

4. Member
    Cut the throttle back on the 115 to maintain the same speed as the 90 goes wide open and you will likely get better mileage than the 90.

I have used a 190 a few times. Someone in my family owns one. The thing drives like it is on rails. and is a decent boat to fish from. I prefer a larger beam myself but it has plenty of room on the deck as long as you do not get crazy laying 15 rods out on the deck.

5. Member
    I've got a 2006.

The truth is it's a mid market price boat that does what you need it to. It drives nice in everything up to about 1.5 footers. My models has a lot of storage (2 compartments in middle, rod storage on port side and more storage on starboard) which the newer ones seem to lack and it fishes alright for the most part. If you've got a tall guy in the back that can go from one side of the boat to the other in a step, you will find it rocky.

My boat is 11 years old now. I have 1 seat that started tearing last year and now has a hole, the back of the middle seat is broken from people stepping on it (it's a step, they are supposed to use it) but my drivers seat is pristine. I really can't complain too much about the seats though. If I have to replace them every 10 years, it isn't that bad.

My carpet has come unglued in spots but has still not ripped. I plan on replacing it soon. I would like to see better carpet (higher oz rating) used but that would make the price jump.

The electronics (fish finder and TM) are abysmal at best. This boat needs a 24v. I put an 80 on which involved running to wire, adding a bigger breaker and figuring out if a second deep cycle would fit. I am not sure what the gauge of wire in the new boats is so you may not have to do this. The 46 motorguide that was there (new base TM is a 45 minnkota and I doubt it will handle much different) was useless in anything other than a 5mph wind. As for the fish finder, I put a 5" chartplotter on. I would like to see that as factory.

My boat is severely underpowered but that isn't the boats fault. Get the 115 if that is what the one you are looking at is rated for. Mine is rated for a 135 and it would be killer with that motor. with my 75, I get 37mph with the Talon on there so not terrible, I just want to go faster.

Now, having wrote all of this out, I have fished out of the RT188 and found that it sits flatter in the water, gets blown around a little less and seems to be more stable while fishing. I do however find the ride of the PT190 better in both handling and roughness. I still wouldn't trade the tracker for the Ranger though. All in all, the PT190 has been a great boat to me and I will be sad to see her go when I upgrade.

I have a new 2017 190 with a merc pro xs non ct115 4s and really enjoy it,added a 80#fortrex,boat runs and fishes very well,so far nothing to complane about, very happy with it.

7. Member
    I have a 2008 with the new 4s 90hp. I don't have anything to compare it to other than glass boats I've rode in. That being said the ride is super smooth comparing it to those boats even. I can go on probably 10 fishing trips before I need more gas with that motor. Stability is very good especially if it's just you in the boat. I use an ipilot powerdrive V2 55# and it will spot lock hold in 20mph wind.

I still need to re-prop it cause I can only get 39mph out of it with the 19p black max. Storage is just like the 2006 model above. It's a better layout than the new models cause the side storages have a cut out that allows probably 10' rods! The new ones are closed off. It doesn't sit flat like the rt188 but you really can't even tell that the boat sits at an angle when you're on the trolling motor. It does get blown around a bit in stronger winds but again for me it's no problem with spot lock.

I love my boat that's for sure but I bet you'd love any of these new tin boats coming out now.
    2008 Tracker PT 190
    2015 Merc 90HP 4stroke, 19P Spitfire X7 44-45mph
    Lowrance Elite Ti7
    Minnkota Powerdrive V2 iPilot

8. Member
    Good to hear that people are happy with them. I really like the Ranger RT188 too, but can not justify the $4000 price difference.

Everyone I have talked to says it drives and rides great.

9. Member
    The one thing I like about my Ranger is that theres no wood.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

10. Member
    The 190 runs out strong with the 115 Pro XS 4 stroke. That is how most dealers are stocking now. The deadrise is more aggressive than anything else in its class and it handles rough water better than similar boats. Warranty is better than other brands as well. Lifetime on hull, interior stringers, transom, exterior welds, and decks. Bow to stern rest of the boat is five years and the powder coat finish is three years. They cover original trolling motor and fishfinder three years as well. The decks are 7 ply marine grade laminated plywood. They are stiffer and hold fasteners better than the aluminum decked boats. They are also cooler and quieter. Tracker bases material choice on strength and best results, not marketing.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    The one thing I like about my Ranger is that theres no wood.
    Although I get what you're saying, my boat is 11 years old and the floors are still fine. There is only two pieces of wood in the whole boat. The front deck and in the cockpit area.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    lots of satisfied owners out there. when I was looking at tins in 2011 I went with Crestliner instead. a bit more expensive but imo a better built boat. I would go with the 115 and not the 90. today, I would look at Triton, Ranger, Crestliner, and some others. I really don't care for the lay out on the new Trackers.
    I just ordered a Crestliner VT18 and I actually think it's cheaper than a comparable Tracker PT190TX.

I had one and loved it wish I hadn't sold it but I had a offer I couldn't turn down 115 optic it was good on gas and plenty big
    2023 ranger 198p

14. Member
    I've got a 2010 190 and like it a lot. Handles great cruising, WOT and small chop. The decks are plenty big, the storage is great and my son and I never feel cramped fishing together. I actually like this boat more and more with each year I own it. Its powered by a opti 115 with an Atlas hydraulic jack plate, stainless steel prop, hydraulic steering, blinker style trim and lift, Hotfoot and MercMonitor along with some custom built items from Roy. All of these items have really made this boat into a great handling tin. Wasn't bad stock, but this is much preferred. I'd recommend a 190 and I also recommend spending some money and time setting it up the way you want it.

15. Member
    Just wondering about the livewell size on the 190. Do y'all fish tournaments and have you had a problem with dead fish?

16. Member
    Has a bigger live well as of this year.

17. Member
    I fish tournaments out of it and I have had fish die but I would never blame it on the livewells. 1 was hooked in the tongue while the other died because I didn't change the water out enough. I know some guys just run recirc all day but I usually drain about half to 3/4 of the water out every 2 or so hours and refill.

18. Member

Love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Looking at getting one.

Can I get honest opinion on likes and dislikes.

Thank You
    I have a 2013 PT 190. Absolutely love it! I was also deciding between the RT 188 and the PT 190. My decision came down to the fact that I wanted the max storage room availalbe plus the overall trailer length with the break-away tongue was a little less on the tracker for my garage. I could not be more pleased with this rig. It drafts super shallow, has a superior ride, tons of storage and has plenty of room for me and my boys. I threw an 80 fortrex on it, rod buckles in the deck, a recessed trolling motor tray, Mercmonitor, and some extra bunks mounted on the trailer. Totally comfortable rig. Nothing I can really complain about. I actually like the wooden decks because they are super quiet and are easy to modify if needed (rod buckles). I don't tourney fish and use my live well for dry storage for my rain gear and life jackets so I can't comment on the live well.

Great boat!

I've got a 2015 with a 115 4 stroke, added a SS prop, upgrading from the TXW 175. The 190 has more leg room behind the wheel and the front deck is bigger. I removed my front live well and made it back to storage, glad to see that they are gone on the newer models. Upgraded the TM to the X5 80lb 24V and added a 6' power pole. I really enjoy this boat and I would buy it again.

20. Member
    Had a 2011 190 with 90 ProXS. Had zero problems with the boat, fishability was great. Had it in rough conditions and while it is definitely not comfortable or a good ride in 1.5' + chop, it took the beating without issue. Wouldn't hesitate to own another one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast