Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lilduckx3 View Post
    Here is something else to think about.. When my 2006 optimax on the tracker broke down in march of 2014. I took it to bass pro Where I got it. I had to drop it off and they called when they looked at it. I was without my boat for 2 weeks.
    In June of 2016 I had an overheat alarm go off on the 2015 optimax on my ranger. I called the dealer and the said bring it in. They looked at it when I got there. put it on the computer. Found the problem. fixed it and I was on my way and fishing the next day. So far my ranger was in the shop 2x . For the over heat and for regular service both times I was in and out in less than 2 hours.
    Like what Transom said there can be alot more to this story. Sometimes parts availability can effect a service visit more than anything. Its impossible to stock every single part for every single engine and then it could very well be the dealers fault too just out and say its BPS fault they took longer than your Ranger dealer without disclosing all the info of both issues isnt really fair.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I have to say pics of the Pt190 with that new pro xs 4 stroke looked like a really nice rig. I would have one in a heartbeat honestly all in black it was sharp.

In terms of a trailer comparison stated above I will take a powder coated trailer over a bed liner style coated trailer any day. All the Rangers I have looked at the dealer glass and tin had places where the road armour was bubbling up. My cousins has a huge spot where the winch stand bolts up. What happens if that tears and water gets trapped underneath that channel isnt going to help much. The Tracker trailers are not just raw steel under the powder coating its all galvanized steel tubing inside and out and they have so many drain holes on the trailer water does not get trapped inside thats a non issue. I am not as fond of the wrinkle finish they are using now vs the high gloss black from before. The tubing to me is a benefit it protects the wiring and its all contained you cant see any of the wires but negative to that is working on it is a pain i completely re wired mine with leds all over. All in all cant go wrong with this boat
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

basstrackeroptimax The Tracker trailers are not just raw steel under the powder coating its all galvanized steel tubing inside and out and they have so many drain holes on the trailer water does not get trapped inside thats a non issue.

This is absolutely correct. My trailer has absolutely no rust anywhere and the tubing drains very well. The trailer for my TV18 isn't a light weight trailer either as it is well made and probably is the same trailer used for BPS's glass boats. It really is a nice trailer and absolutely not what I expected to see the boat sitting on when I was first told about it.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

4. Member

Pro 190

Can any body tell me how is the leg Room in the past tracker pro 190 I am 6' 2 and worried whether i will have trouble getting in-and-out from the console comfortably

5. Member
    I am 6'4 and have long legs and arms for my height. It is a tight fit for sure without any extra room but I did not seem to have any issues getting in and out of the drivers seat on a 190.

6. Member
    Thinking about buying a 2017 190TX. Can you fit 7' and 7'6" rods in the boat? Is tackle storage any issue? I have quite a bit of tackle lol.

7. Member
    The rods will fit but not all the tubes can hold the longest rods. I keep my flipping sticks on the deck usually and remove them from the boat when it is not the time of the year for them but they will fit in a few of the tubes.

They will hold quite a bit of tackle. More than anyone could need but they do not hold as much as larger glass boats so if you want to carry the whoel tackle store you will run out of space.

8. Member
    You might be better going to the actual Tracker forum. They used to be here on this forum with us but some got upset about some criticism of their boats and got issued their own forum.....just below this one. That might get more answers.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

I have been researching new tins/fiberglass boats for a while. My next purchase will be my last and I want it to last 20 years.

For an aluminum boat I am in the Ranger RT188P camp right now. Hull that is built really solid with a pad, lifetime warranty on the transom, stringers and hull. I really like the way they build the keel on these boats, it's not just two pieces of aluminum joined together. It's a really nice layout and NO WOOD. If you plan on keeping the boat in a garage it's whole life then a boat with a wood deck might be okay nut then you need to deal with Tracker warranty if you have a problem which itself can be a problem. I have wood in my Tracker Grizzly 1860 that I added decks with wood it is holding up but, I keep it in a garage.

10. Banned
    While I do not have the boat your asking about I do have a tracker. A 20 year old tracker that to alot of people surprise, still has all the original wood in it original carpet etc. No wiring issues haven't sank or randomly combusted while shipping prescious cargo and yes it wins tournaments against house priced glass boats Are they a more budget minded boat yep. Are they more than worth what they cost? Yep. If you like it buy it

Look at the price of a new Tracker compared to a new Ranger. There is not that much difference. The Tracker has wood decks and the Ranger has injected foam. The foam is what makes the Ranger more fishable...it’s not as tippy when you move from one side to the other. The Tracker has a plastic driver console that will crack in the sun and looks cheap compared to the Ranger fiberglass ones. The Tracker dash has no room to mount your fish finder. If you want a sleek and solid precision sonar mount then you have to go Ranger. The 188P even has a fiberglass console on the bow so again you can use a precision sonar plate and dual bracket. Not sure if you can use dual power poles on the Tracker without voiding the warranty, but you can on the 188P. The carpet on the Ranger is better. I do like the Tracker’s hull design, it handles rougher water better.
    Last edited by j791; 03-27-2021 at 09:06 PM.

12. Member
    I own a 2019 190tx with a 115 mercury 4 stroke. Love the boat, tournament fish out of it all the time. My only issue is in the factory rigging. The motor needs to be on the second or 3rd hole from the top of the motor. Mine is going in to have the motor moved up. At 45ish mph it gets a bad chin walk. I've learned from this forum. That is the issue. Other then that, the boat is awesome and I have no problem fishing it at Lake of the Ozarks on the weekends. It will take big waves like a glass boat.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwaldow View Post
    I own a 2019 190tx with a 115 mercury 4 stroke. Love the boat, tournament fish out of it all the time. My only issue is in the factory rigging. The motor needs to be on the second or 3rd hole from the top of the motor. Mine is going in to have the motor moved up. At 45ish mph it gets a bad chin walk. I've learned from this forum. That is the issue. Other then that, the boat is awesome and I have no problem fishing it at Lake of the Ozarks on the weekends. It will take big waves like a glass boat.
    My 175 came with the motor in the 2nd hole from the top which is the best height for an aluminum prop, if you get a stainless move it to the 3rd hole.

14. Member
    I have the stock aluminum prop for now. Like I said it gets an oval chin walk that can get a little sketchy driving and sometimes down right dangerous l.

15. Member
    The Tracker will have a smaller, narrower front deck. Front storage on the RT188 is what sold me. I only wish that my Ranger has the lift step of the 190; however, the 2022 Rangers have it. I don't know what the 2022 Ranger Trailers will be like, but mine is fantastic and rugged. I would ask you to consider a 195 with a 115. It's a much bigger boat.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    The Tracker will have a smaller, narrower front deck. Front storage on the RT188 is what sold me. I only wish that my Ranger has the lift step of the 190; however, the 2022 Rangers have it. I don't know what the 2022 Ranger Trailers will be like, but mine is fantastic and rugged. I would ask you to consider a 195 with a 115. It's a much bigger boat.
    Get a 150hp if you get a Tracker 195, the 115 is undersized for that boat.

17. Member
    I fished out of a PT190 for 9 years. It was a great boat and served me well. I bought it used with a 90 HP Merc. It was in need of upgraded electronics and maybe some new carpet. I sold it for 90% of what I paid for it. I bought a used Triton X18, also with a 90. This boat is the same hull as the Ranger RT188. I liked the PT190, I loved the RT188. It sat better, rode better, fished better (less tippy), had more front deck space and tons of storage. Fished out of it for 5 years and sold it for $1000 less than I paid. I currently have a new 2021 RT188P. I'm not as happy. Wet compartments and less storage. If you don't intend on installing power poles, get a used RT188 without the front flush mount panel. The front deck was lowered a few inches to accommodate this and affected storage.

18. Member
    good afternoon,

my 195 is for sale,,,,,twx, loaded....in boats for sale section....

good luck, PURA VIDA
    bluebonnet2

19. Member
    If I need a steering cable for my 2017 Tracker PT 190 TX with a 115 hp 4 Stroke where might I find one and how much should I expect to have to pay for it? Thanks for the help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123