Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When I first got my Humminbird's I got caught up in the numbers game with the sensitivity and contrast. I eventually figured out to go by my image to adjust and make it clear and readable as possible. You can't have set numbers and expect to have good images every time. It works for me anyways.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    I have a 999 at the console and an 859 at the bow and have never been so frustrated with something in my life. All I use them for now is water temp and depth because I have no idea what all the "other stuff" is. I have watched EVERY video Doug V. has ever put out and I just have no idea how to read or set these things up. I set them to default and still does me absolutely no good. I have had these a year and have NEVER not 1 time seen an "arch" like is shown in all the videos and pictures. I wish there was a way to get someone from Humminbird in my boat (I only live 3 hrs away) and would put my boat in eufaula if they could or would do that. Hell, even to get someone on the phone while I'm on the water would be a giant step forward.

3. Member
    Get a local bass angler to go out in your boat with you that understands what they're looking at. It will be really helpful and then you'll go "Ohhhhhhh I see". 2d sonar arches are very rare. However reading sonar and side imaging is not nuclear physics.

4. Member
    When I got my first SI back in 2005 I was getting frustrated and two things helped me. One leave the fishing stuff at home and spend a day just using the unit and play with it for the day. Second which helped me the most Justin told me to quit looking at structure and concentrate on finding fish. As he puts it who cares what is down there rock stump tree if there are no fish your spending to much time looking at and trying to figure it out, your eyes are not scanning the whole area for fish. Once fish are found then go back with SI and cover the area from different angles to figure out what it is and how the fish are relating to it.

I always have my SI enhance up and am constantly changing settings as depth and bottom changes. I ALLWAYS USE BLUE screen to find fish for me much easier.
    Last edited by TomP.; 02-02-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Get a local bass angler to go out in your boat with you that understands what they're looking at. It will be really helpful and then you'll go "Ohhhhhhh I see". 2d sonar arches are very rare. However reading sonar and side imaging is not nuclear physics.
    2D sonar fish arches are only rare in shallow water. I see fish arches all of the time when fishing offshore structure for smallmouths.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    What arches??

BTW Jim, if I trim up my motor I get much less aeration off the hull, but IDC because I am after the fish!
    Last edited by sfw1960; 02-05-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12