Smile Help with new trolling motor batteries.

Because of some serious money woes I need to look for new Trolling motor batteries. Just wanting some input from you guys.
    I know there's Walmart, but any thing else I should look at. what's in there now are 27's should I go with 27's or can I go to 29's or 31's.

Thanks for the help.
    Carl

2008 Ranger Z520 /250 Pro XS

2. Member
    The Wal Mart 29's are great batteries for the money,I've been running them for years with no issues. The fit depends on the trays that you have now. You'll need to measure them and compare to the new batteries.

29 and 31's are going to be 13 inches long. Measure your trays as said to see if you trays will accept them. If not it is a moot point unless you want to replace the trays and have space for them. I am one who feels more reserve is a good thing, batteries will last longer not drawing them down as much each trip. But you will pick up a little more weight of course.

4. Member
    Placed 29s in my 2012 Z521 a few months ago. It had 27s. Trays had to be redone to support correctly. I took it into shop since I did not have time. I am glad I went with the extra size fishing the heavy grass in Florida. Extra weight has had no impact for me. I use interstate.