Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Growing up we had a pit bull, very nice dog as long as the dog new that person. That being said that pit bull was very viscous towards other dogs, you could not take that pit bull around other dogs, it would immediately try to attack any other animal. Looking back at it now we were lucky we never had an incident. There is no way in hell I would ever try to raise a pit bull in my house. Just not worth the risk.

I think it is a combination of the type of people that own pit bull and the dogs traits that are built into their DNA that make for a bad scenario. Not all the owners are trash but there is a much higher percentage of trashy people the do own pit bulls.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    90 5.0 you are wrong. Pits were originally breed in the 1500's in Europe for use in blood sports such as bull baiting and bear baiting. Those sports were banned in the 1800's and that's when they started using them to fight other dogs. Do a little research, these dogs did not just become violent in the last 20 years!
    Pits were never "hunting dogs" but they have been in bread mostly crossbread in south america and moved its way north. Here in our county we have been told that if a Pit bull enters your property or domain and shows any sign of aggression you can defend yourself with any means necessary .I would know I had a mother and sibling came into our garage and had our dogs cornered trying to get to their food bowls I grabbed an umbrella and hit her across her back and the young male charged at me. So I whaled on him like a wild man beating a snake. After he lay there dazed as I called 911 she ran to the street but wouldnt leave him. Our two huskies ripped him apart he later died.
    After the sheriffs dept showed up the mother dog got aggressive with them and they tazed her.
    Both dogs no collars just showed up we found out it was the neighborhood behind us and they were just moving in and the dogs had been missing for 3 days.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    90 5.0 you are wrong. Pits were originally breed in the 1500's in Europe for use in blood sports such as bull baiting and bear baiting. Those sports were banned in the 1800's and that's when they started using them to fight other dogs. Do a little research, these dogs did not just become violent in the last 20 years!
    https://www.cesarsway.com/about-dogs...-get-a-bad-rap

4. Banned
    I've had my own run in with a pit bull. I have no idea who owned it as it had no collar so it may have been a stray. Anyway I have chickens and they were throwing a fit. I assumed it was coyote I went to check turns out it was a pit and I yelled at it thinking I could scare it since I'm not overly keen to the idea of shooting someones dog.Did this scare it nope it turned a 180 and charged me needless to say I defended myself so yes I have a problem with the breed.My 3 year old nephew comes around alot so I can only imagine what could of happened.

5. Member

7. Banned
    you realize dog attacks happen every day right? why don't you start threads for all of the other breeds?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    you realize dog attacks happen every day right? why don't you start threads for all of the other breeds?
    Because there is a difference between a dog bite and a dog mauling leaving a child dead or adult seriously wounded. Any dog attack that is extremely serious will usually make the news.... but, it almost always involves a pit bull. That is a fact, not a perception, read the chart posted earlier in this thread.

9. Banned
    pits are not the only ones who maul, leave a child dead or adult seriously wounded. if you care so much you would think you would post them all

10. Member
    Wow. 1 child is killed and the other child is mauled and this is what you have to say. Amazing!
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

11. Banned
    Prayers for the family

There are exceptions to every rule. And you can't make a doctrine from 1 verse. But when the statistics are overwhelming against the Pitt Bull breed, then you can set back and make a firm, honest assessment about the breed.

Labs, Beagles, Retreivers are all bred to hunt. Some dogs are bred to work. Some are bred to just eat, sleep and crap all day!(Yorkies) Pitts are bred to steal, kill and destroy. And somewhere along the way that instinct will be triggered.

The story says one dog was a pit bull mix, one dog a border collie and a third dog got away.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atla...ulls/485092475

14. Member
    I go to the local flea market. I have 5 Min-pins. A little girl pets my dog. She says "We have 17 Pip Boos". Some I guess are puppies they will sell, the others? If they had to pay half what I pay to keep mine up to date with immunizations, and other check-ups, they would own the flea market.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-I View Post
    Man that was hard to watch....
    Heartwood Fence Co.

16. Banned
    pits are not the only ones who maul, leave a child dead or adult seriously wounded. if you care so much you would think you would post them all
    Horrible. How many people have to get injured or die before its a problem. Just as long as its not someone you love, it's all good right? Horrible

I am glad My pet is the pet rock. It's 40 yrs old, never attacked anyone, no Dr bills, doesn't eat anything, and is great for home defense....it can knock the crap out of someone.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Horrible. How many people have to get injured or die before its a problem. Just as long as its not someone you love, it's all good right? Horrible
    This country cant control the irresponsible people that own them....let alone try and educate them their dogs are dangerous.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...tt-clifton.php

Breed
    Bodily harm Child Victims Adult Victims Deaths Maimings % of total dog population
    Pit bull 3397 1355 1312 295 2110 6.69%
    Rottweiler 535 297 141 85 296 2.76%
    Husky 83 51 8 26 27 1.04%
    Wolf hybrid 85 70 5 19 49
    Bullmastiff (Presa canario) 111 46 41 18 63 .02%
    German shepherd 113 65 41 15 73 3.72%
    Pit bull-mix 206 78 54 12 115
    Akita 70 44 22 8 52 .07%
    Chow 61 37 18 8 40 .01%
    Doberman 23 12 9 8 12 1.70%
    Unidentified 81 16 29 8 32
    Boxer 64 19 23 7 31 1.25%
    German shepherd-mix 45 28 14 7 30
    *Chart ordered by number of deaths; includes only a portion of breeds listed in report.

1982-1994 for the chart
    I am not commenting on the breed discussion so much as these stats. If I read this correctly and you equalize this chart for the number of dogs it vastly changes. For instance if you have the same number of chows as pit bulls then the columns are 40809, 24,753,12042,5352,26760. My math might be off but this chart is deffently skewed unless they accounted for this.

20. Member
    its sad--truly sad--Ive never trusted that breed--BUT where were the parents of the children at the bus stop?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast