Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The 206 wasn't Champion's best effort. The 210 is the improved version. I've been a 210 for 6 years and couldn't be happier.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Wasn't the 206 the problem child?

TOC you might be thinking of the 204. The 206 was one of the first wide bodies Champ made. I actually prefer it to the 210 and think it out preforms the 210 overall by a tad. It appears when Stinson cut the 210 off the 206 that the wedge hull was greatly reduced and it hurt cornering a tad. The 210's are a bit faster than the 206. A bunch of 225s were on the 206 when they first came out as the 250 BASS rating was just getting started. The 206 really does need a 250 on it if you want to tweek out every MPH out of her but runs mid to high 60's loaded ready to fish with a 225. I talked with Jason Briggs (former Champ guy) about this over the summer at the BCB demo day and he completely disagreed with me liking the 210 better. What ever floats your boat. I've yet to drive Chargers 210 but it looks like they've done a great job on the old girl and no doubt will do a great job on the 19'8. I'd be interested to see what the 210 would do with the 350 or 400 Verado on em. That could be really fun (and expensive).

Exactly I dont even need guages you can get that info on your electronics. I like Charger but as far as the ride nothing better than Champ

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    glad charger is helping you champ guys get a boat you like, but I think if charger would put the same effort in to up dating their current line they would sell a lot more boats. talked to several people that would like to see removable consoles in their models, with a few more up dates, and I concur.
    I agree, a little tweak on the top cap would go a long way to bring them into the 21 century!!!

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 396 496 596 needs a little updates and they would sell and it wouldn't take much effort.The 296 is already a single console model .But on the other hand my console will never fall off .

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    The 396 496 596 needs a little updates and they would sell and it wouldn't take much effort.The 296 is already a single console model .But on the other hand my console will never fall off .
    true dat, but you will never sell it to someone wanting a single console either. which cuts out about 50% of buyers.

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    They at least need to redo the console to put in bigger graphs. Snoopy needs a 24 inches to see it, Its hell getting old hum Snoop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    They at least need to redo the console to put in bigger graphs. Snoopy needs a 24 inches to see it, Its hell getting old hum Snoop!!!
    huh, what did you say? can't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I still catch as many fish as you with my 4 inch black and white graph, But you look more like a pro with your 3 12 inch tv screens.

11. Banned
    Thought one's fishing abilities was determined by how many power poles? None= broke wannabe, one= semi-pro, two=pro

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Never know joe may just scrap the 6 and just build 797 210 198 188 they are already set up with updates other than a bigger console but that's pretty easy to change.

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Three Champion models!! Awesome!!

14. Member
    75-77 grand
    Puma
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/Boats4Sale7/Puma1.JPG
    Allison
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4sale.htm
    Rangers
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4saleranger.htm

The 18 foot saber is 38,000 that is a 18 ft boat not a 21 ft.Yes boats are high but what is not?
    Nice cherry picking. Nobody is buying that Puma for that. That's one dealer. Calico Jacks has a Charger 186 at $40000 and their original price on their 396 for $52000 and that was with a 150

15. Member
    glad charger is helping you champ guys get a boat you like, but I think if charger would put the same effort in to up dating their current line they would sell a lot more boats. talked to several people that would like to see removable consoles in their models, with a few more up dates, and I concur.
    I agree. Charger builds some good boats but imo I think there are a couple things that could benefit from being updated. The consoles being a major one

16. Banned
    I hope they leave the consoles alone or find a better way of upgrades. All that plastic only leads to replacement.

Never know joe may just scrap the 6 and just build 797 210 198 188 they are already set up with updates other than a bigger console but that's pretty easy to change.
    that would be a travesty!!!!

18. Member
    It's always interesting to see how differently people view things. For example, I love the consoles on the 6-series Chargers. Smooth design with windshields that actually work. There's always the option of mounting larger electronics to the side on a mount. I think everyone would agree that all the models need to be available in single, dual/removable console. Added width at the nose of the fishing platform would be great, too...although, it may be redundant with the introduction of the Champion models.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Three Champion models!! Awesome!!
    I agree.

20. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I still catch as many fish as you with my 4 inch black and white graph, But you look more like a pro with your 3 12 inch tv screens.
    It's all about looks.

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast