Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    ......He can sleep after the 2 weeks .......

2. Banned
    I'm pretty sure it's been over 2 weeks now.

3. Member
    Well 2 weeks in the new boat industry can turn out to be......... maybe 3 weeks or so......... right Sports1 ???????? right Robert??????

4. Banned
    Robert better have his ass at work making my new boat!

5. Member
    They have to let Robert get at least 1 hour of sleep a night and have at least 1 meal a day. After all he is building the best under 20 foot boat on the market. Lookout 919 and ZX225. Could be one of the best selling if not the best selling bass boat Charger makes if everything turns out good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    They have to let Robert get at least 1 hour of sleep a night and have at least 1 meal a day. After all he is building the best under 20 foot boat on the market. Lookout 919 and ZX225. Could be one of the best selling if not the best selling bass boat Charger makes if everything turns out good imo.

That is a matter of opinion, I thought the 396 out preformed the 198, at least all the things I put it though.

7. Member
    Well you are a Charger old school guy so I would expect that response. I like the width in the front of the 198 from the front pedestal seat forward. I think it will do well on the open market pending on the price.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-28-2017 at 07:27 AM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    That is a matter of opinion, I thought the 396 out preformed the 198, at least all the things I put it though.
    I'm not arguing or trying to start a pissing match and yeah, Charger survived while Champion didn't. But Charger has had its name mentioned more times in the last year with the new 210 & "alleged" 198 than in most years combined. If they can find more dealers, I think they can sell them like hot cakes; but with that said, I hope they just build them right and not for mass quantities.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I'm not arguing or trying to start a pissing match and yeah, Charger survived while Champion didn't. But Charger has had its name mentioned more times in the last year with the new 210 & "alleged" 198 than in most years combined. If they can find more dealers, I think they can sell them like hot cakes; but with that said, I hope they just build them right and not for mass quantities.
    I agree. Like I said Ii think if we allow Robert to get at least 1 hour of sleep a night and at least 1 meal a day he will get it right. Looking forward to seeing the prototype.

10. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 05-30-2017 at 11:52 AM.

11. T Dub
    "Can we just say to heck with the dealers and pass the 30% savings to the buyer? Let us buy direct at the savings"

Now we're talking!

12. Member
    Yep and When they Break the Factory will do all the Service Work, Ha Ha Ha Ha, dont think that will Ever Happen

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXMan View Post
    Yep and When they Break the Factory will do all the Service Work, Ha Ha Ha Ha, dont think that will Ever Happen
    Brannon, Please go hang on theBCB forum.

What's there to break on the boat? If it's truly boat related, the factory would see it anyway.

Any components can be taken care of by yourself or other manufacture's dealers.

If you are happy paying a 30% premium to a dude to help you pick colors, then so be it.

In today's times, I can go through a list of features and know exactly what I want or need. I don't need to be sold on features. I don't need to be sold on brand. I dont need help with paperwork or financing. I know what I want. If you need your hand held for the buying process, Or don't know how to change a bilge pump or can't read how to setup your boat online, then I guess you need the dealer. I don't.
    Last edited by Snickers89; 04-28-2017 at 11:55 AM.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXMan View Post
    I can promise you if something on a Charger breaks or is not right they will fix it with no questions asked. My first Charger went back to the factory for a repair that I caused. They felt it should not have gave so they fixed it free of charge. Good luck finding better customer service from ANY other boat builder because it won't ever happen.

15. Member
    If you think boat dealers make 30%, you need to quit whatever job you have, and start a boat dealership immediately. Dealer's would kill to make half that on a bass boat.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    If you think boat dealers make 30%, you need to quit whatever job you have, and start a boat dealership immediately. Dealer's would kill to make half that on a bass boat.
    True Dat! More like 5%

17. Member
    Dealers could only wish for 30%. Wishitwasbigger is probably right on with his numbers or in many cases, less!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    True Dat! More like 5%
    Dealerships definitely don't survive on boat sales then...they'd have to sell a hundred plus boats a year just to cover the minimum staff salaries, not to mention the overhead (utilities, rent/mortgage payments, etc). I tend to believe it would have to be double digit profit margin, but I could be dead wrong

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellville_Tx_Fisher View Post
    Dealerships definitely don't survive on boat sales then...they'd have to sell a hundred plus boats a year just to cover the minimum staff salaries, not to mention the overhead (utilities, rent/mortgage payments, etc). I tend to believe it would have to be double digit profit margin, but I could be dead wrong
    I would think most dealers make the money on service, If they sell some boats thats icing!!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I don't think its 30% but I don't believe its 5% either. I have watch over the years when dealers put boats up for a sale it usually drops the price of a 63,000 dollar base boat to around 57,000. This is roughly 10%. They make real good money on our add on's like PP,graphs, Hydraulic jack plates and so on. They make a good 30 -40% on theses items. I am guessing by the time the boat goes out the door they did make closer to 15-20% on the total package. I can tell you if they didn't make but 5% they couldn't pay there over head much less make money, by the time they make 10% on the base boat and another 30% of the 10,000 worth of add on's, they have made about 10,000 on a 70 thousand dollar sale which is about 15% profit. just my .02

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast