Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Trust me TOC, totally not trying to start a pizzing match; it's more of a whine on my part because I'm really wanting the new 198. I actually like the combo Charger decal blocks with the Champ line on the outside and it appears that guys like their Chargers. But how can companies like Skeeter & Phoenix have boats with more options so much cheaper? Is it the mass quantity thing or is the new hull molds really costing Charger that much more to make?

I was interested in the BCB Lynx until I heard its price and thought about an Eyra, nobody has them to look at in person though.

Only thing not getting higher in price is my paycheck.

2. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 02-06-2017 at 02:52 PM.

3. Member
    like the name says: "wishitwasbigger"! I wish my motor was bigger, my boat was bigger, my catch for the day, my paycheck, and so on.... The only thing I wish was smaller is my gut!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers89 View Post
    I agree Grout.....ordering a "new" one is out of the question. Just wait a year, buy a leftover for 20% off or pick up a "pro staff" type boat for 20% off. IMO, the prices have gotten so out of hand, they (Charger along-yes, I realize they've been making glass baots for 40 yrs) with Falcon)) have decided to throw their hat in the ring and try to take a piece of the pie. So, it's not about offering a good product at a good/better price, its about offering a good product at a comparable price.

When comparing prices, I see 2015 Z520's around 50k loaded to the gills (this is on BBC where the prices are always 10% higher than anyplace else). Its really hard for me to choose a new or one year old Charger Elite 198 at mid 50's when I can buy a larger, better equipped, one or 2 year old "R" boat Loaded for less. Especially when it comes time to factor in resale-the "r" boat is recognizable by more buyers thus making it an easier sell.

Damn things have nearly double in price in 7 years. Wish I could say that about the product I sell or even my wages.
    But then you would be stuck with a R boat. Take a Charger any day even if I pay a little more for it the ride is worth every penny.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    If I were buying a new boat I would have cash ready and no trade,Iam sure you can get it cheaper than the list price.I feel everyones pain thats why I have a 17 year old charger.

6. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 02-06-2017 at 02:51 PM.

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    My buddy had the black and purple charger it had black carpet black seats black everything you could not even get close to that boat on 100° day it would scold you

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    like the name says: "wishitwasbigger"! I wish my motor was bigger, my boat was bigger, my catch for the day, my paycheck, and so on.... The only thing I wish was smaller is my gut!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    If I were buying a new boat I would have cash ready and no trade,Iam sure you can get it cheaper than the list price.I feel everyones pain thats why I have a 17 year old charger.
    Well talk to Mr. Doris and get us poor boys an affordable mean machine!

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I sent joe this thread ,he does snoop around .We will see how he prices the 198 or even the 210 maybe with out the camera and heated seats.

11. Banned
    Good question....is it sad I want a new 210 without all the standard options?

12. Member
    Some options are better off installed by the factory, but when it comes to electronics, I would prefer to install that myself. Why pay on something for 5-10-15 years that you know won't be worth a lick in 3 years! Camera would be one of them....

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Some options are better off installed by the factory, but when it comes to electronics, I would prefer to install that myself. Why pay on something for 5-10-15 years that you know won't be worth a lick in 3 years! Camera would be one of them....
    Amen brother! Not to mention that everybody has different preferences for brands. It would be awesome if a manufacturer would put in a fuse block and let the buyer install whatever brand of graphs they wanted. I still don't fully understand what the camera is supposed to be for, I'd break it off on accident the first time I went to hook up the winch strap.

14. Member
    The 198 doesn't need heated seats or a Flir Camera. OEM gauges, tool holder, center rod storage, a better cooler, and the pump and battery box set up of the 210. It needs to come in under 50k IMO.

15. Banned
    I want a a 210 w/250 Merc on the back and that's it. I will put the electronics on it. Don't want heated seats or camera.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    I want a a 210 w/250 Merc on the back and that's it. I will put the electronics on it. Don't want heated seats or camera.
    Feel the same way but make mine a 198 with a SHO 225 and tandem trailer.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Feel the same way but make mine a 198 with a SHO 225 and tandem trailer.
    mine too sir!

18. Banned
    Put me down for a 188 with a deuce on it.

19. Member
    You guys do realize they will build the boat with or without any options you want right ?

20. Banned
    Yep going to order mine without the lock bar, heated seats, camera, hydraulic steering, or box lights.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast