Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    They're all gouging! Economy is doing well, so these manufacturers are trying to make up for lost revenue. How about $40grand for an aluminum boat with a 150??!!
    Manufacturers also got a large tax break and the economy has been going well for the last couple of years. Bottom line is they were going to raise prices regardless. If they had any lost revenue for whatever reason when they make up the revenue they will still raise prices. Bass boat prices usually never go down no matter how the manufacturers are doing. And Tracker is one of the most popular aluminum bass boats out there and you can get one with a 150 for under 30 grand.

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/motors.cfm?boat=4283
    Last edited by Sports1; 03-20-2018 at 07:05 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Manufacturers also got a large tax break and the economy has been going well for the last couple of years. Bottom line is they were going to raise prices regardless. If they had any lost revenue for whatever reason when they make up the revenue they will still raise prices. Bass boat prices usually never go down no matter how the manufacturers are doing. And Tracker is one of the most popular aluminum bass boats out there and you can get one with a 150 for under 30 grand.

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/motors.cfm?boat=4283
    You are absolutely right. I wasn't really talking about tracker. There is another new brand out there in that price range.

3. Member
    Vexus is going to be high because I believe it is some type of fiberglass aluminum hybrid type of boat. Should be interesting to see how it performs. I have not seen any official prices on it.
    Last edited by Sports1; 03-20-2018 at 10:51 PM.

4. Banned
    CVexus is going to be high because I believe it is some type of fiberglass aluminum hybrid type of boat. Should be interesting to see how it performs. I have not seen any official prices on it.

From looking at the hull, it looks like it’s gonna beat the crap out of you on a rough water day. Most of them (aluminum) do though. The fiberglass will be interesting to see what type of hull shape they have.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    From looking at the hull, it looks like it’s gonna beat the crap out of you on a rough water day. Most of them (aluminum) do though. The fiberglass will be interesting to see what type of hull shape they have.
    Hope it is not a splash of the Ranger hull. Those are definitely not the best riding hulls.
    Last edited by Sports1; 03-21-2018 at 05:56 AM.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    So if its a splash of a Ranger its going to run Flat, Slow and Low.
    Funny thing is it looks like it is setting at the same angle at speed lifted as it does when fishing.

Great combo of Glass and tin. Looks like a great platform. Just how does the everyday beating of the hull does over the welds and can they hold up. Glass gives a big (Stress Cracks) but hold under neath.

Wish them the best, give Xpress a run for the money, which I owned and is a great lifting hull, and proven.

7. Member
    A boat company could do one thing that I think would differentiate themselves from the rest and that would be Not to have any electronics or tm as part of their standard options but have the rigging of whatever is purchased by the customer as part of the price of the boat. Changing those standard options is what priced me out of a few boats. I will give the Phoenix 721 I looked into as a example. I wanted to change the helix 9si to a 12 mega si at the console. I priced out at a couple dealers and both were going to cost 2200 for the change. The retail price for the unit on its own was 2499. So there is no credit for the standard option that you want to upgrade.

If a boat company didn't include these items and brought down the price to reflect it not being in the boat and then offered the electronics, tm, even power poles and talons as additional equipment only and charged their cost for those items to added. The price of a well equipped boat would be much more reasonable.

I guess my my point is there are some great boats with good prices with great packages such as the ranger cup boat, Phoenix 721, triton patriot, etc. by doing the above they could offer choices and keep things closer to the package prices.

8. Member
    I agree 100% ksubasser. I just don't want to pay long-term interest on electronics that you know will be outdated or broken in 3-4 years.

9. Member
    When I bought my current ranger I knew I wanted a 19 foot class boat. I landed on my z119c and a 396 charger. Charger had a phenom of a deal for a 396 at the time of 43,995. That boat had options I didn't want and when inbuilt it out the way I wanted it was within 700 bucks of what I bought my ranger for. I went with the ranger at that point because i liked the one center storage box better than the divided center storage and I was leaning more to a single console. If I could of got the charger for 42k without the tm and electronics and got what I put on my ranger at cost I figured I could have got into it with dual hds 9 units, dual pp blades, and 112 fortrex for about 4 k less than my ranger.

10. Member
    I don't know what the pricing is going to be like on the 198 but have some thoughts on what I think would make it and the 210 top sellers. If they could get the base price of a 198 to 48k with no electronics or tm as part of that standard price they wills have a winner. From there if they could create a package with dual pp blades(3k), say a helix 12 mega SI and 9 di (3k) and a fortrex 112(1k) that would be an nice packaged boat for 55k. Do the same on a 210 for 60k.

I have had the pleasure of seeing dealer prices for the above equipment from a marine warehouse distribution company as I have been thinking about starting a business. Those prices leave a little profit.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I don't know what the pricing is going to be like on the 198 but have some thoughts on what I think would make it and the 210 top sellers. If they could get the base price of a 198 to 48k with no electronics or tm as part of that standard price they wills have a winner. From there if they could create a package with dual pp blades(3k), say a helix 12 mega SI and 9 di (3k) and a fortrex 112(1k) that would be an nice packaged boat for 55k. Do the same on a 210 for 60k.

I have had the pleasure of seeing dealer prices for the above equipment from a marine warehouse distribution company as I have been thinking about starting a business. Those prices leave a little profit.

They might be able to do that with the 198 CX model.

12. Banned
    Got a price quote from the boat sales manager at my local BPS on a striped down Z21. The local Charger dealer has a 210 elite demo completely loaded with everything possible for 9k more. Not sure how Charger can price boats any lower?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Got a price quote from the boat sales manager at my local BPS on a striped down Z21. The local Charger dealer has a 210 elite demo completely loaded with everything possible for 9k more. Not sure how Charger can price boats any lower?
    A base nitro z21 with 250 is 49k so if you found a 210 elite loaded out for 58k that's pretty good. I looked into one last year with no TM, hds 7, or Camera. I was going to put on my own graphs, TM, and poles with a pro xs 250. Only add one I had was a hotfoot blinker trim, and hambys. It was decently priced. Not saying they are bad. I just think all manufactures could do better.

14. Banned
    I have never worked with fiberglass but, I am guessing a good fiberglass employee is worth their weight in gold. The cost of materials and man hours in a boat can't be cheap to begin with.

To me what has gotten ridiculous is the cost of motors.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    A base nitro z21 with 250 is 49k so if you found a 210 elite loaded out for 58k that's pretty good. I looked into one last year with no TM, hds 7, or Camera. I was going to put on my own graphs, TM, and poles with a pro xs 250. Only add one I had was a hotfoot blinker trim, and hambys. It was decently priced. Not saying they are bad. I just think all manufactures could do better.
    Maybe after a while they can make a package deal like Skeeter, Triton and others with the 210 CX model because it does not have the heated seats or infrared camera.

Maybe after a while they can make a package deal like Skeeter, Triton and others with the 210 CX model because it does not have the heated seats or infrared camera.
    Haven't even unpacked my camera, as yet. Played with the seats on the patio is all, so far.

I went with the Elite instead of the CX as I wanted the extra options and the ability to choose colors and carpet. Did I spend a lot, you bet! Am I sorry? Not at all! I couldn't be happier with the boat, motor, trailer and especially the Ultrex. Best upgrade on the boat, in my opinion.

Haven't been on here much lately as I'm still under the weather a little..
    I got nothin

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    Haven't even unpacked my camera, as yet. Played with the seats on the patio is all, so far.

I went with the Elite instead of the CX as I wanted the extra options and the ability to choose colors and carpet. Did I spend a lot, you bet! Am I sorry? Not at all! I couldn't be happier with the boat, motor, trailer and especially the Ultrex. Best upgrade on the boat, in my opinion.

Haven't been on here much lately as I'm still under the weather a little..
    Sounds good.

18. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Hope you feel better soon, Jim!!!!!!

hope you get to feeling better, did you have the flu? been a few people around here with it the last few weeks.

Thanks all. Flu, 2 sinus infections and was just been informed I have COPD. Taking it easy, for now.
    I got nothin

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast