Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What's crazy about the off brand is it will get out on rough windy days and not kill your back.And a few other things but we will keep it civilized.

2. Banned
    If they hit $55k then I'm out. Too many things other brands that can compete to us guys on a budget.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    When I was in the market I considered a 396 really close. I remember it being 44000 start price and equipped the way I wanted I bought the boat I got now for the same price. I wasn't a huge fan of the 396 layout after getting in it in persons. Same size class as the 198. Had the 198 been available at the same price point and equipped at the same price as the boat I got I would of got the 198 hands down. With that said if I could get a 198 with dual poles, 112 fortrex, jp, hotfoot, blinker trim, padded deck, tandem c channel trailer and 2 hds 9 units with a point 1 for 56k I would be all over it.
    If that would be it that would be a good deal. Just have to wait and see what the actual price is.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Just for argument sake what is the perfect price that everyone will go out and buy a new 20 ft bass boat?Joe ran the 396 at 39,000 and the 186 at 29,000 guess how many they sold?I am betting it would have to be at 15,000 to sell a ton and that ain't happening ever again.
    If he was selling the 396 at $39k why is the proposed 198, which is essentially the same size going to come in at $50-55K?

Seems to me anybody not selling Charger boats only has Charger to look at as the reason. I recall when this whole new build 210 hull came up that most folks on this board were saying....

Charger? Who are they? How long have they been in business? Who do they sponsor? Why haven't I ever heard of them? Do they build a quality boat?

The companies been building bass boats for 40 years and most bass fishermen don't even know about them. That's sorta sad really. They don't advertise, they don't get involved in tournaments or sponsoring pro's. They're this nice little cottage industry in Richland that builds a very small number of bass boats each year as a side light to their Playcraft business. All I can say is pricing a boat like the 198 way above what you're already pricing an almost exact same size and horsepowered rig you're selling now is likely to get zero interest. Especially when Charger already isn't advertising.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Those prices were as I said was ,now it's back to reality.

6. Banned
    The sponsor thing I will agree with they haven't thrown away sponsor money like other boats have and I'm glad they haven't. As far as no one knowing them that's B.S. if your over 18 and fished more then one or two tournaments you're going to have seen or heard about Charger.

7. Banned
    I owned a 1984 Charger I bought used in 1989... First and last one I've seen here in Southwest Ohio... It all depends where you fish... Have only seen one Blazer up this way... Just sayin'... Dan

8. Banned
    Oh I agree you might not have seen one but you hear about them. I saw my first stroker on the water last year doesn't mean anything against stroker just because I hadn't seen one but I had damn sure heard about them for years.

9. Member
    HI Dan, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Lawrenceburg IN. Mike

10. Banned
    You can buy a 21' Phoenix or Skeeter with 250hp SHO motors for the price of a 19' Charger, must be one heck of a profit in the Charger world. I guess when a company builds expensive pontoons they already have the money part figured out though. Oh well, a new 198 is not worth $56k and very few will sell. Maybe I'll be able to buy a used one.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You can buy a 21' Phoenix or Skeeter with 250hp SHO motors for the price of a 19' Charger, must be one heck of a profit in the Charger world. I guess when a company builds expensive pontoons they already have the money part figured out though. Oh well, a new 198 is not worth $56k and very few will sell. Maybe I'll be able to buy a used one.
    No official pricing has been given out. Just speculation. That is why from a marketing prospective it is not very intelligent to throw prices out. I would wait until they start selling the boat before you make up your mind.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike56 View Post
    HI Dan, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Lawrenceburg IN. Mike
    Not far from you... I go out of Tanner Creek quite often... Dan

Pretty excited to see a Charger 198 coming out ! I think if you compared to other brands in it's class like the Ranger Z519C or Bass Cat Caracal mid 50's is right in line in pricing. This seems to be a popular size boat right now and should do well. Other brands do offer some value models that may seem like a better deal up front, but maybe not over long term ownership. I hope Charger has great success with these models.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I agree with some of what you are saying Grout. I REALLY want a 198. But, I'm hoping it's more in the 40 to 45 max rigged out price range. My arguement is this---since Charger doesn't WASTE tons of money, like most of the other companies out there which in turn does nothing but drive the prices of boats sky high, why can they not pass the savings on to the customer with a quality boat much lower than the other companies. Personally, I don't give a rat's a-- which boat some pro bass SALESMAN is driving. They will go to and say whatever they're getting PAID to do.

15. Member
    To comment on an earlier thread; I have news for you, buying direct would not save you 30%. Dealers would be rolling on the floor laughing to hear they had a 30% margin in bass boats. What a joke.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    You know, I'm afraid you guys are not taking into account the fact that as nice as the 210 was, you folks DID NOT support the design when Champion first came out with it or when Stratos continued it. What makes you think that with Charger building it, it will all of a sudden become this big seller? Sorry, but I've got to throw the BS flag on this whole thread. The price is not going to be what you guys are willing to pay either. The 210 is a $60K boat and the 198 will be maybe $3 - 4K less. To my sorrow, I just don't believe the Champion design will ever be as popular as it once was. There are too many other manufacturers splitting up the available buyers. Back in Champion's hay-day, they only really had Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat and maybe Stratos as real competition. Now add in Triton, Phoenix, better Nitros and Legend and the competition gets steep. I know it won't happen, but if I ordered one, I'd ditch that goofy Charger three box logo. It totally wrecks Champion's classic graphics.
    The StratoChamps never got supported for two reasons which were put in place by design to kill the brand:
    1. NO ONE KNEW THEY EXISTED! I am in a 30 man bass club and not a single person even knew that the hulls were being produced by stratos unless i told them.
    2. They put "Stratos" on the side of them. In my area stratos has a public perception as a cheap junk boat to put things plainly. No offence to stratos fans, but most folks in my area don't see them as a regal high end boat. I have had to go rounds with guys trying to explain that the only difference was the decals on the boat. they still all turned their noses up.

I am not one to turn a away from the fact that we as bass fisherman are very judgmental about our equipment and especially our boats. It is human nature. there is a small club/group of guys in my town that all own ranger and WILL NOT fish out of any other boat. one of their group bought anther brand and was ostracized so bad that he sold it and bought another ranger even though he like his new boat better. branding and image matters to us and people don't want to be seen in what they deem as lesser than. Champion was seen as a classy high end boat. There is much better chance that they can still exist under the Charger umbrella as charger's image is that of a respectful and quality boat builder. All they need to do is put the word out and not shy away from the fact that they are producing a Champion hull.

The people on this board only represent a small fanatical segment of the market, we tend to forget that. Between my bass club and others friends, i know know personally about 50 fiberglass bass boat owners. I am the only one of them that comes on the board. every knows phoenix, triton, ranger, skeeter. They all know champion too, but they just know that they went away in the late 2000's.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Mr.Coon you are dead right on the fact that BBC only sees a very very small percentage of the fishing world.1500 guys/gals at any given time is not a lot of people when you look at the 20 million fisherman.I do my part in spreading the word,but a lot of guys and gals don't do the internet thing or just don't care.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    I owned a 1984 Charger I bought used in 1989... First and last one I've seen here in Southwest Ohio... It all depends where you fish... Have only seen one Blazer up this way... Just sayin'... Dan
    Agree with Dan. Rode a 85 Charger for 15 yrs. Did not see many in SW Ohio area.

19. Banned
    So let's talk more about this price. The 210 that's listed for $62k with a merc pro xs 250, how does Charger justify this price? 2 hds 7's, merc is cheaper than Yamaha and no power poles included. Is Charger trying to put themselves in the Ranger market or what exactly? I can now see how Steve came up with his number in the thread and I feel like they will be asking TOC's number or more. Really sad to the common working man what the boat market has become.

Ok rant over.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    75-77 grand
    Puma
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/Boats4Sale7/Puma1.JPG
    Allison
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4sale.htm
    Rangers
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4saleranger.htm

The 18 foot saber is 38,000 that is a 18 ft boat not a 21 ft.Yes boats are high but what is not?

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast