Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Its all good...Just glad they were both ok no matter what the cause was....
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Read the comments. Video doen't show it but at least three of those boats that passed by came back. I guess it took a little time to register that no one was in the boat. Was a bit surprised how easily the driver flew out of the boat as he had the wheel to hang onto and just how close he came to smashing his head on the passenger side gunnel.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Did anyone notice that right before he crosses the wake, he is moving steering wheel left/right like it's not responding? Could be why he backs off throttle, then when prop hit air, it grabbed the water when he landed and spun him...
    Or...maybe his grip slipped as he went up over wake. That would spin him when he came down. Doesn't take but a split sec to slip up and....whoosh!
    Just putting some other possibilities out there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Did anyone notice that right before he crosses the wake, he is moving steering wheel left/right like it's not responding? Could be why he backs off throttle, then when prop hit air, it grabbed the water when he landed and spun him...
    Or...maybe his grip slipped as he went up over wake. That would spin him when he came down. Doesn't take but a split sec to slip up and....whoosh!
    Just putting some other possibilities out there.
    I noticed it the first time I watched it. That's ONE reason I didn't jump on board with everyone who said it was driver error.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    ...and just how close he came to smashing his head on the passenger side gunnel.
    He came incredibly close to suffering a TBI, didn't he? I wasn't surprised at how quick he flew over. Simply too much G force and no time to react. I was about 16 when I first figured out how to perform a breach stop in my dad's 201. When I tried to demonstrate it to my dad, I told him to hold on tight to the "oh chit" bars (like the demo driver told me before doing it). Maybe I didn't communicate strongly enough, but when I went left, he came across and slammed into me and messed up his ear a little. That said, I certainly didn't swap ends as quickly as the Triton in the video did because we weren't traveling 55mph when we did it, so I understand them not being prepared.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123