Water in rod locker

Hey guys,ive got a 2011 211 and ive been getting a half inch of water puddled up in the back of the rod locker right in front of the driver console, cant figure out where its coming in, Anyone else had this problem? The door seals up good and the weather strip looks fine. Just wanting to get it fixed this winter so I figured id ask. Thanks.

2. Member
    Make sure the drain ports and channels are clear.
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Never been able to figure it out in mine, all three front lockers usually..Nor have i heard a solution from the others I've heard with the same problem. Tightening up on the locks will help, even though the the strip looks ok sometimes it crimps down and there's no way to know, might want to replace it anyhow. Probably not the case but also check the nuts under the cleet, if that's loose it can get in that way too. It's got to have something to do with with how the boat sits in the water, flat, and the sides fill up faster than they flow back to drain..

4. Member
    I am assuming the 2011 211 has the same rod organizer as a 2009 199. Check the three screws that hold the rod tube bracket that are right under the front of the lid. If they are not sealed with silicon water can leak into the rod box. If the rod tubes have been removed (as mine have) they will sure leak unless sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    I am assuming the 2011 211 has the same rod organizer as a 2009 199. Check the three screws that hold the rod tube bracket that are right under the front of the lid. If they are not sealed with silicon water can leak into the rod box. If the rod tubes have been removed (as mine have) they will sure leak unless sealed.
    That's exactly what happened with mine. I took the rod organizer out and didn't seal those holes. It got wet and I learned a lesson...
    They are now sealed and it stays dry.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

6. Member
    That would be it, thanks!

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS