Bad Weekend, help needed

Hey Guys,
    blew my motor (98 175 EFI) on Saturday, it was rebuilt a couple years ago and I bought the boat last year. I was quoted 5,000 for a new powerhead, labor included. I'm thinking just buying a new pro xs may be the best option. I have been searching online and found one for $6,900 then realized the site was based out of Indonesia.....what can I expect to pay for new and where would be the best place to look

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    $12K give or take for another 175
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Yeah, those Indonesian motors cost a lot less but then again they never arrive so maybe not the best idea?
    Michael Martin
    Virginia...now in Maryland
    1998 P III, 2006 200 Optimax SOLD
    2017 Robalo 226 Cayman, 200 Yamaha 4 stroke

4. Member
    check around for rebates also with ext warranty
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor