Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    I got mine from ETrailer a month ago without issues. I kept watching the price on it drop and drop and ended up getting it for 126$. Bolted right on w/o any issues. Don't have any issues maneuvering in tight quarters.

2. Member
    I bought this jack, https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ack-67500.HTML installed 1 inch stainless spacers and new stainless bolts, works good. 45.00 total.
    2017 Ranger RT188C
    PRO XS CT 115

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vader2 View Post
    I bought this jack, https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ack-67500.HTML installed 1 inch stainless spacers and new stainless bolts, works good. 45.00 total.
    Only 29.00 now.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

4. Member
    So I ordered and installed the Fulton F2 and no kidding it is a bigger POS than the factory jack on my RT188 Trailer. I can pull it up and back easily but the wheel will not orient around when changing directions unless I kick it, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bass8 View Post
    So I ordered and installed the Fulton F2 and no kidding it is a bigger POS than the factory jack on my RT188 Trailer. I can pull it up and back easily but the wheel will not orient around when changing directions unless I kick it, any ideas?
    Try to find a jack that has a ball bearing caster instead of a welded one.
    Example:

http://www.easternmarine.com/fulton-...ack-1413040134

http://www.easternmarine.com/dutton-...ngue-jack-6740
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Try to find a jack that has a ball bearing caster instead of a welded one.
    Example:

http://www.easternmarine.com/fulton-...ack-1413040134

http://www.easternmarine.com/dutton-...ngue-jack-6740
    The Fulton F2 or the first one you listed is the one I got.

The Fulton F2 or the first one you listed is the one I got.
    Does it have the ball bearing swivel or just looks like it in the picture?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Does it have the ball bearing swivel or just looks like it in the picture?
    I ordered the Fulton Item# F1413140334 for the 4x5 mounting plate

9. Member
    I'm with you. Same problem. Have to kick the wheel to get it to turn. The factory jack worked better. I ended up buying a hitch dolly to maneuver my boat around.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I'm with you. Same problem. Have to kick the wheel to get it to turn. The factory jack worked better. I ended up buying a hitch dolly to maneuver my boat around.
    I've been looking at hitch dollies. Does it work good?Which one did you get ? Anyone else have any experience with these !

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagged View Post
    I've been looking at hitch dollies. Does it work good?Which one did you get ? Anyone else have any experience with these !
    I bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight. Works great! Making tight turns is super easy. Wish I would have skipped the Fultron and gone straight to the dolly.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight. Works great! Making tight turns is super easy. Wish I would have skipped the Fultron and gone straight to the dolly.
    THANKS ,I'm going to get one. I almost bought one at Haror Freight but was wondering if there was something better.

13. Member
    The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama
    Just curious in regards to the Fulton jack. Is anyone else having to kick the wheel to get it to swivel? Does the Fulton have ball bearings at the swivel? I was looking to purchase a Fulton however I am reluctant to buy more of the same problem...

14. Member
    I think the Fulton (141133) XLT Sharkskin Finish Bolt-On Swing-Away Jack would be a good jack but you have to do a simple modification as shown on the first page. Probably the way I will go. Etrailer is allowing me to return the Fulton F2 for a refund for being defective for the wheel not spinning. I put the factory jack/wheel back on and it works so much better than the F2.

15. Member

Well I used a black phenolic panel and spaced it out from the frame so the wheel did not hit the trailer. It turns super easy now. Thought that phenolic panel looked good with black trailer and it will be durable.

16. Member
    The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama
    I believe I have misunderstood this tread. The problem that I have with my OEM jack is the wheel that contacts the ground is difficult to swivel to move/position the boat/trailer. My OEM jack rotates just fine in regards to vertical to horizontal positioning for locking/towing.

I did the same thing bass8 did in the above post. He is very smart to think of this, and it worked great. Not long ago, I tried a different jack and did not like it. Took it off and returned it and got my money back and put the old jack back on until I could decide what to do.....
    I liked this Fulton but just did not want to wallow out the pin hole and have it crooked or do other adaptions... When I saw bass8 solution above I immediately liked it. I picked up the jack at Amazon for about $90 and got some washers at Lowe's and did exactly what bass8 has a picture of......it looks great, it works great and I appreciate him working out the kinks and posting the picture....
    I think my original jack was on its last legs too....it seemed to be angled at the junction of the two pipes. I was afraid it might collapse and it has not been used much. I launch the boat and it stays on a lift pretty much all summer.

GOOD JOB SIR.....and thank you for the picture and figuring out a nice solution. I like this solution a lot and like the new jack.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

18. Member
    Glad it worked out Panama, thanks for the kudos!

19. Banned
    What does that spacer do to make the wheel swivel when its on the ground. Im confused.?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    What does that spacer do to make the wheel swivel when its on the ground. Im confused.?
    The Fulton XLT has a larger wheel than your OEM jack and hits the trailer frame when you fold it up. The spacer allows you to move the jack out far enough to clear the trailer without having to drill out the hole or switch tires. Hope his helps.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast