Thread: Looking for...

The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Looking for...

A gray Champion butt seat. pm me if you have one for sale please.
    I would have put this on the WTB forum, but thought it would get more attention here.

Does anyone still make them with the Champion logo? I would just do that.

2. Banned
    Check with LeBroc, a board sponsor or with C&O Marine, also a board sponsor... Dan http://pilotchair.com/cat-llebroc-gt...at-seating.cfm http://www.teamcandomarine.com/catalog.asp

I have a few, will look for them tomorrow.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Are you looking for just the seat (hopefully), or do you need the pedestal, too?

5. Member

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I have both original pedestals, and I think the back one is same as on the front, but not sure. The boat is out getting motor looked over so I can't check to be sure.
    I pushed it all the way down to put cover on, and that made it a "low sitter" with the big seat on.
    Does that sound right? The same pedestal can be used high for butt seat, or low for big seat?
    A spare pedestal would be nice too, but I was asking for just the butt seat to put in place of the big seat.
    If the original rear pedestal isn't the kind to go high enough for butt seat like front is, then I will need a pedestal too.
    Thanks!

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The sit-down pedestal is not made for the height the butt seat pedestal is made for. Butt seat pedestal is made to go from approx 22 1/2 " to 29 1/2", while the sit-down pedestal is made to go from approx 13 1/2" to 20". You are going to need another pedestal.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thank you Lea.
    Do you or anyone else know if butt seat pedestals are available for a '99 202?

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Butt seats can be had at Dean's and Llebroc (Helm chair). Both are BBC sponsors and both have made seating for Champions. Also, Bass Pro now sells one which looks just like the Champion ones, tho Dean's and Llebroc are more likely to have a match for your upholstery.

However, pedestals will be harder to come by. The newer snap-lock ones are 1.77" dia, while yours are 1.75" dia. You might be lucky and find an older one. If not, you will have to hone down the bottom few inches of the pedestal, or hone out a bit from the pedestal base using a flap wheel sander.

BTW, your gray might be charcoal. That is what my gray is.
    Last edited by Lea; 01-17-2017 at 01:53 PM.

10. Member
    I have one, PM me your email, I'll send you a photo, but it might be a day before I can get pics of it. Gray with the Champion logo on the back, from a 2000 191.

I have one of my old pedestals left over too, can't recall though if it's the short one or the tall one, and the cylinder in it is stuck. You can get cylinder rebuild kits for them though. As a part of my rebuild project, I switched over to the newer size bases and pedestals, so that's why my original stuff is available.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Butt seats can be had at Dean's and Llebroc (Helm chair). Both are BBC sponsors and both have made seating for Champions. Also, Bass Pro now sells one which looks just like the Champion ones, tho Dean's and Llebroc are more likely to have a match for your upholstery.

However, pedestals will be harder to come by. The newer snap-lock ones are 1.77" dia, while yours are 1.75" dia. You might be lucky and find an older one. If not, you will have to hone down the bottom few inches of the pedestal, or hone out a bit from the pedestal base using a flap wheel sander.

BTW, your gray might be charcoal. That is what my gray is.
    Well, Lea, it seems like every week or so someone is looking for the 1.75" dia (tall) pedestals/posts. You would think someone would manufacture a match for this item. Was Champion the only boat that used these?

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Was Champion the only one? I highly doubt it. Problem is, Swivl-eze, who made the 1.75" snap-locs, now makes them in the 1.77" size. I have NO idea why the change.

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    If the Swivel-eze snap-lock works in the floor base of the Champs, I have a friend that can professionally "turn it down" to 1.75" in his shop.
    I may go that route.

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That'll work! Your bases, as well as original pedestals, are Swivl-eze Snap lock....