Thread: Livewell valve

Livewell valve

My remote livewell valve is leaking. I can not find one that is threaded for thru hull application. It screws into the livewell at the lower right and is cable controlled from a lever in the livewell. I can find similar one like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lund-1858016...-/400624094252 . but, I need threads and nuts on one end. anybody got an idea?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I believe they are from Flowrite....Call Tom, he can get you a new one.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I think they are TH Marine>>> http://thmarine.com/remote-drain-control

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Actually A Bullet dealer has them but, it must be gold plated. I was hoping to find one on line e as it would be half price. All that I can find is like the one I linked. Need the threads on one end. Thank you for the reply.

5. Member
    21XDC I found those but as stated I need threads on one end, the thru hul type end.

My 20'er has a thru hull fitting in the livewell with a 3" long piece of hose then a valve like you pictured above

7. Member
    I did consider modifying so I could use one of the above. That would call for modifying the cable. May just bite the bullet, pun intended, and pay the exorbitant cost of the exact part. I had hoped the one I need would be available on line.

The cable will reach. Ive never ran across a valve like youre looking for every one ive ever installed or seen had hose barbs on it. If you go ahead and put a thru hull barb in your livewell and a hose just long enough to join it to your valve itll save you some cash this time and next time.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I think they are TH Marine>>> http://thmarine.com/remote-drain-control
    That's it!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

10. Member
    Thanks to all who replied. The valve with the double barb can be made to work and it is a viable alternative. I am going to double check with the Bullet dealer and confirm it is the one with threads on one end that he has in stock. If so it will be easier and quicker than converting it to one with the double barb. It will cost an additional $20. If the one he has is double barbed then I will just order one and a thru hull barb as suggested. Again thank you all for the help.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    The cable will reach. Ive never ran across a valve like youre looking for every one ive ever installed or seen had hose barbs on it. If you go ahead and put a thru hull barb in your livewell and a hose just long enough to join it to your valve itll save you some cash this time and next time.
    This is the only way to fly as most are like this anyway!!
    Last edited by QuickBullet; 01-17-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

12. Member
    OK, the follow up. The valve that the dealer had appeared to be a used one and leaked as bad as mine. Dealer says why not just do what Bullet did? Bullet just slipped a thru hull over one of the barb and glued it. That is the reason you can not find one to buy. It is made in house by Bullet. They no longer do that as many have attested to. I cut off the thru hull fitting, drilled it out to slip over the barb of a new valve, glued it and it is fixed. This way I can install it back like it was. Had it not been so easy for me to drill out the fitting I would have gone with the new style and figured out how to make the cable reach. Again, thanks everybody for the replies.

Glad you got r fixed

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector