Thread: Team NuCanoe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Team NuCanoe

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I have taken a staff position with NuCanoe for the 2017 season. If you guys have any questions please shoot me a PM!

Cool. I have looked at their Frontier quite a bit. Its on my list for the future if I ever decide to sell my bass boat and be kayak-only. All of the pictures on their site of Frontiers with MotorGuide PinPoint motors on them, or Terrovas has really got me interested. I guess my first question would be....where could I buy one from if I wanted one? There are no dealers in SD, and ACK doesn't carry them.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

3. Member
    congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    Cool. I have looked at their Frontier quite a bit. Its on my list for the future if I ever decide to sell my bass boat and be kayak-only. All of the pictures on their site of Frontiers with MotorGuide PinPoint motors on them, or Terrovas has really got me interested. I guess my first question would be....where could I buy one from if I wanted one? There are no dealers in SD, and ACK doesn't carry them.
    Usually you can find smaller shops that are willing to ship and can get good prices. We are working hard to get larger retailers set up with the NuCanoe brand so they are easier to access.

Here is a link for one dealer...

http://www.tristatetrollingmotor.com/nucanoe_frontier

Cool. Thanks!
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

6. Member
    Now that the Pursuit has the 360 seat and side handles, I am hoping to pick one up as soon as I can find someone that has one and that will ship.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RedShad View Post
    Now that the Pursuit has the 360 seat and side handles, I am hoping to pick one up as soon as I can find someone that has one and that will ship.
    Yep that was a necessary upgrade! I have the newest model now and can say that the 360 seat is nice! Only suggestion I would make is to get the locking swivel, they sell it as an aftermarket option. Keeps the seat from rotating on you while you are paddling.

8. Member
    Thanks! I will remember to do that.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

Congrats

SWEET!!!! I have a Frontier 10.....had it about a year, only had it out 2-3 times. The NuCanoe Frontier has been great so far. Of course part of the fun was rigging it. I installed a NuCanoe Slide Mount, Scotty rod holders, anchor trolley, Lowrance 3dsi, NuCanoe casting bar, custom milk crate, Hydrowave Mini, and a Micro Power Pole mounted on the transom (not in pic). Definately a fishing machine, and it hasn't let me down yet.......so far only negative I have found is the weight

2016 Ranger RT 188 - Charcoal / Dark Cherry
    2016 Mercury 115 Fourstroke - Laser II 20p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb.
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1
    Garmin 1022 GPSMAP - Liveoptics LVS34 - Tackle Shack Trolling Motor Pole Mount
    Humminbird Helix 7 GPS Only - Lakemaster VX Premium
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1 - Navionics +
    NextGen Lithium Batteries
    V-T2 Live well vents
    (2) Loc-R-Bar / Custom brackets - Bream Metals
    BTO Trailer steps

#HomeBrewTackleCo

11. Member
    I've considered one so that I can add a little 2.2 hp outboard that I own.
    I don't see much mention of that configuration, though.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I've considered one so that I can add a little 2.2 hp outboard that I own.
    I don't see much mention of that configuration, though.
    It's not a very "mainstream" option in the kayak world yet...and honestly something that most kayaks are not built for. NuCanoe is definitely shaking things up with the amount of power options they can outfit on their boats.

Even a drop in pedal drive that will be coming out some time at the end of March or early April :)

13. Member
    Two or three years ago, a local yak guide had an outboard motor on his NuCanoe. Watching him twist around to start the motor seemed iffy to me.

Just wondered if they don't do the outboard motor thing at all anymore. Maybe too many people fell in doing the twist. richg99

I think that the way trolling motors and battery technology have gotten so good that electrics are just more popular. Press a button, get power. I guess if I already owned a small outboard I might try it on a big yak.

I'll be watching for that pedal drive....
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

15. Member
    A small outboard weighs less than a full size battery and trolling motor.

Two or three years ago, a local yak guide had an outboard motor on his NuCanoe. Watching him twist around to start the motor seemed iffy to me.

Just wondered if they don't do the outboard motor thing at all anymore. Maybe too many people fell in doing the twist. richg99
    It may be iffy on some, but the NuCanoe Pursuit and Frontier are some of the most stable kayaks out there. I can stand and paddle in my Pursuit more easily than I could in my Feelfree Lure. It helps too with the addition of their 360 swivel seat. No issue turning around to get to what you need.

A small outboard weighs less than a full size battery and trolling motor.
    That's a pretty good point. Hadn't thought about the weight issue.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

18. Member
    nucanoes are awesome kayaks..ive had sev different brands and always come back to nucanoe. i had the pursuit last year but im back in a frontier 12 and love it..just too much you can do with one...

Quote Originally Posted by jhef View Post
    nucanoes are awesome kayaks..ive had sev different brands and always come back to nucanoe. i had the pursuit last year but im back in a frontier 12 and love it..just too much you can do with one...
    That's great to hear! I am dying to get my Pursuit out on the water. Just have some wiring left to do and slap on a few decals and I am good to go! haha

20. Member
    530 Farragut Ave B, Great Lakes, IL 60088

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast