Question 1st deer for a kid

I had the privalege to take take an old friend and his two boys , 10 and 13 hunting during the TN youth hunt this past weekend. It was warm which made it a lot easier on the kids though the deer didn't walk around as much. The first day I had the ten year old with me in a shooting house. He could sit still OR be quiet but couldn't do both. He wanted to get down right as it was getting dark. I tried to get him to sit still just a few more minutes but of course as we got down and walked about 20' we spooked some deer on the edge of he field. Haha
    The second morning I put the 13 year old in the box by himself and told he ten year old he and I would hunt from the cabin. This was code for me going back to my cot for a couple more winks of shuteye
    I heard boom about 20 min after light and the dad had said th boy got a small buck.
    Well it was no baby. A big ten point 175# with one side broken off. He had been fighting and must have lost.
    You couldn't slap the smile off that boy's face yesterday I'm real proud of him and glad I could help another generation get excited about being in the woods.
    I'll try and pic loaded later. My smart phone is having a stupid moment.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

2. Member
    Good job! He will never forget that day, or YOU!

3. Member
    Good job! My best hunt this year was watching my nephew get his first archery deer.

Matt
    \'96 202 Champ \"Old Blue\"

4. Member
    You Hunting with that 10yr old sounds alot like me taking my wife hunting
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

5. Member

6. Member
    Awesome there are few firsts in life that are also a memory for others. First deer are one on them! I just don't get excited anymore when I kill em. But I do get enjoyment out of others killing them.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"