Lakemaster Question

I currently have the Navionics Platinum card in my Helix 12 unit. I'm interested in trying out the LakeMaster Plus after being in a boat using LakeMaster charts and know you can download a particular lake on to an SD card. If I decide to get the entire mid south card do I get any credit for the lake I downloaded, any discount? I read on one of the threads you could try the LakeMaster before purchasing but wasn't for sure how to go about this. Thanks, hope I made sense.

I fish Lake Conroe mostly but we will be fishing Sam Rayburn some for my sons high school tournaments and wondering what most people prefer, Navionics or LakeMaster, especially for Rayburn.

2. Member
    Never heard try before you buy. Or credit for previous purchase. Each lake map could be better or worse than another. No blanket quality assurance. The navionics Web app can be viewed at their site. Ask around about the other lakes is all you can do. Bob

Thanks, I have the Navionics app on my iPad and Navionics Platinum Plus card in my Helix units. Just thinking I'd like to try the LakeMaster. Maybe the "try before you buy" comment was referring to trying one lake to see how you like it before buying the card. Think I'll just buy the SD card because the one lake download is $40.

4. Member
    Purchasing both if possible would be best bet, especially here in Texas. Lakemaster has some great features but not always the best detail whereas Lakemaster does a better job than Navionics on other lakes

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Purchasing both if possible would be best bet, especially here in Texas. Lakemaster has some great features but not always the best detail whereas Lakemaster does a better job than Navionics on other lakes
    Thanks, that's what I've heard from others also and think I'll just buy the LakeMaster card to compare.