Question Fuel Guage 2013 Z119

Yesterday I took my new to me 2013 Z119 for my 1st ride from purchasing it last Friday. Half way through the day the fuel gauge was working perfectly showing full going down to about 3/4 tank throughout the morning. Around noon I was running and glanced at the gauge and noticed it was reading "full" and it did not move for the rest of the day. It is is the one that is combined with my speedometer on the same gauge. My speedometer seems to be working just fine. How would I go about trouble shooting this? Is it something that I should bring back to the dealer that I bought the boat from? It is a used boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    I have a '14 Z520c and was having an issue with my sending unit. Called Ranger and found out they have a new (better) design and they sent me a new one no charge. Works great now!

John.

3. Member
    take it back to your dealer ... could be as simple as a loose connection on the sender

4. Member
    I had the same problem with my 14 119. Bunch Marine replaced the sending unit and things are much better, however the gauge still isn't very accurate. My solution was a Merc Monitor and filling up. Now I can see the exact amount of fuel used.

5. Member
    Merc Monitor works great. I have filled up several times zeroing it out each fill up and the useage is with in a gallon.
    The analog gauge is pretty useless.

6. Member
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I had the dealer look it over and he said the issue is fixed but really didn't tell me how they did it! haha. I'm just glad its done and im ready to do again.
    2013 Ranger Z119
    Evinrude E-ETEC 200 H.O.

7. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    The fuel sensor stem is too short in your boat. Ranger has new ones that are proper length and will fix the problem. Gauge will read down dang near to gallon. RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

8. Member
    @ GhostCamanche - How would I get a hold of one of those? Sounds funny how my stem would be short. Almost like a design flaw. Are the longer ones an expensive fix?
    2013 Ranger Z119
    Evinrude E-ETEC 200 H.O.

9. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanb464 View Post
    @ GhostCamanche - How would I get a hold of one of those? Sounds funny how my stem would be short. Almost like a design flaw. Are the longer ones an expensive fix?
    Ranger changed out mine on my Z519C at the plant. New pick up stem was around 4" longer than the one the boat came with. Gauge would show empty when there was 10 gallons or so of fuel in the tank. RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"