73 sv transducer

New to Garmin, wondering if transom mount that comes with the 73 sv be adapted to trolling motor mount. It's the one that's on sale at Cabelas. Any info. appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    The 73sv comes with both mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    The 73sv comes with both mounts.
    Nope. The ones on sale do not. I just bought one about a month ago. You can use the transducer bracket and a bug hose clamp to adapt it to the trolling motor but it may not fit due to length. I had to cut the skeg off my motorguide (speed coils were burned up so it was getting replaced anyway). I would strongly recommend getting the trolling motor mount from Garmin. I ended up putting the one that came with my 93sv chirp on the 73 'ducer which allowed me to move it forward enough to clear the skeg completely.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    Nope. The ones on sale do not. I just bought one about a month ago. You can use the transducer bracket and a bug hose clamp to adapt it to the trolling motor but it may not fit due to length. I had to cut the skeg off my motorguide (speed coils were burned up so it was getting replaced anyway). I would strongly recommend getting the trolling motor mount from Garmin. I ended up putting the one that came with my 93sv chirp on the 73 'ducer which allowed me to move it forward enough to clear the skeg completely.
    That's what I was afraid of. Does Garmin sale just the t.m. mount, all I saw was a complete transducer with mount? May not have looked in correct place..

5. Banned
    Give BOE and BBG a call. I think the TM mount can be purchases separately.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post

Doh! I looked at the Chirp and it lists both in the description. :)