Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would like to see more input on how it does with very light wind....I had 2 Terrova's with spot lock & 1 MG Xi5 with spot lock. the MG was waaaaay superior to the Terrova except when we had a light wind. The Xi5 does not like a light wind condition.

I appreciate James' report. The video did not show a thing that the present Xi5 won't do..I did like the remote much better than the MG remote.

I will buy a MK when I see more real fishermen reports, like James'

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    I would like to see more input on how it does with very light wind....I had 2 Terrova's with spot lock & 1 MG Xi5 with spot lock. the MG was waaaaay superior to the Terrova except when we had a light wind. The Xi5 does not like a light wind condition.

I appreciate James' report. The video did not show a thing that the present Xi5 won't do..I did like the remote much better than the MG remote.

I will buy a MK when I see more real fishermen reports, like James'
    Not all spot locks,are equal. Choose wisely, before buying

I would buy an MK Ultrex based solely on reports like the one James posted. I don't need a trolling motor to hold me within 1' of a rock pile, 3' is plenty so I can land a fish or re-tie instead being blown down the lake. I guess I could just stay home on 20 mph days like others here!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

I haven't seen MK or MG beat the Rhodan on "light wind" days..

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    that's a shame because they advertised 1-2 feet. the old units were capable of 4 ft and the ultrex was supposed to be an improvement. the xi5 from motorguide gets a good 1-2 ft
    When I bought mine I was told 3 feet! I just looked at the MK website and also saw 3 feet. I'm watching one of the videos now and just heard the narrator say 3 feet. I just haven't seen any advertisements that touts 1 - 2 feet. Am I wrong?

Looks like the Rhodan does pretty good in high wind also ...... I'd like to see more videos like this with the new Minn Kota stuff.

__________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

An interesting experiment would be to rig some sore of string to the top of the trolling motor so it would play out the string under tension ..... then tie the other end to a stick-up .... mark the string at it's initial length ..... turn on the spot lock and measure the amount that played out after a few minutes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Looks like the Rhodan does pretty good in high wind also ...... I'd like to see more videos like this with the new Minn Kota stuff.

Well at least kosmo's boat made it back into BBC ...

Rickie

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    Well at least kosmo's boat made it back into BBC ...

Rickie
    SSSSHHH

11. Banned
    Pretty much the wind conditions I had yesterday with a little ripple occasionally. I'm confident it will behave like that in stronger wind!

I would think a persons weight in the boat would be a better test. Maybe this weekend I'll put my partner out on a dock with my phone.

12. Member
    I was fishing standing timber in 6' of water in 15-20 mph winds. I was really impressed. Maybe the mg has better range but being able to use the foot pedal and have a great anchor feature make the ultrex a winner for me. I like to bass and crappie fish. I was fishing a sunken bridge the same day with the wind blowing. I have a 618pro and the trolling motor was coming out of the water, that's how bad the wind was. I was afraid of hitting the bridge that was 7' under the surface so I moved to the timber in a cove. While on the bridge it kept me pinned very well considering the environment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12