Cracking/Squeaking around installed recessed foot pedal tray

Can someone help on this? I have a aluminum recessed foot pedal tray that I installed a year or so ago and it is having a cracking/creaking around it. Is there some kind of reinforcement that needs to be under there as well? What else could I check into on this?

I would add some of the window and trim spray foam {red can}to the area. It should tighten up the area and stop most of the problem. Good Luck.

3. Member
    Do they make any kind of fiberglass deck reinforcement as far as support?

What boat? Lots of boats cannot handle cutting out the support. Some boats you gotta reinforce up there. Remember 10yrs ago cutting a gaping hole in your deck was unheard of so if its that old you probably are gonna have to build in some support underneath

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    I would add some of the window and trim spray foam {red can}to the area. It should tighten up the area and stop most of the problem. Good Luck.
    No!!!! That stuff is open cell and will absorb moisture!

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    What boat? Lots of boats cannot handle cutting out the support. Some boats you gotta reinforce up there. Remember 10yrs ago cutting a gaping hole in your deck was unheard of so if its that old you probably are gonna have to build in some support underneath
    I was concerned about the same thing until I cut the deck in my ProGator. I st my skill saw to 3/4" depth when I started and ended up setting to 1 1/2" to get thru the deck because it's 1" Marine plywood overplayed with glass.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex